CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My Rubber Is Sagging

The protective rubber strip that fits under the front cowl of the STS has busted a grommet or two, and now hangs a little low on the driver's side. This is the piece that I'm assuming is just there to keep water from splashing up into the engine compartment. Would I do any harm by just removing this piece completely? Is there anything up there which needs this extra protection?

My 95 was doing that too,

I pulled out some of the fasteners from the front portion of the cowl (there are more than plenty stuck under there to mix and match with), and used them to fasten up that flimsy thing.

After all, who wants things sagging from their bottom? lol

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

The rubber flap helps keep out water and other debris that might get thrown up into that area.

You should be able to get the push pin plastic holders from a number of auto parts stores, Kragen, NAPA, etc.

They are cheap and easy to put in.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I think they are talking about the plastic cover that is under the front bumper and extends back to the axel.

We got one too....

Oh now I know what it is. Foo, I think ours is plastic and may be part of the bumper cover. I'll have to look the next time I fall down in front of the car.

EHeh.. OK :) I'll be under mine soon painting over some rust that has started to happen.. Going to kill the rust and paint it over.. I hate rust :/

I think they are talking about the plastic cover that is under the front bumper and extends back to the axel.

We got one too....

Oh now I know what it is. Foo, I think ours is plastic and may be part of the bumper cover. I'll have to look the next time I fall down in front of the car.

For 98+ Seville, it is a plastic panel that covers from the front of the engine cradle to behind the bumper cover from from left fender to right fender.

Some of use have tapped several of the mounting holes and run small bolts to avoid messing with the hard-to-remove plastic fasteners.

The panel needs to come off for things like horns, fog lamps, crankshaft position sensors, oil filter adapter......

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hey I'm new to the site and love to read all the posts. Mine started hanging too after getting enduring a very heavy rain storm on the interstate :( . I'm a bit lazy so the dealer got me for about $8 but my shroud is good as new now :D .

Ah yes... zip ties. Now why didn't I think of that? It'll be fixed tonight.

I love them,

they are my duct tape.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Ahh yes.. also the aluminum foil tape that they use for a/c ducts.. I use that a lot on cars to cover things and tape wires and such because it's more heat resistant than duct tape.

Archived