CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Why dont fellow Caddy drivers wave to each other?

Every other car I've owned...Trans Ams...Monte Carlos...whenever I used to see one of similar model or year, each driver would throw a little wave or a nod. My buddy has a corvette, and it is sinful if he doesnt wave. Noone with another Caddy waves at me...maybe its a New York thing....

timokon@yahoo.com,

Where I live in Tropical Medina, Ohio, I do not see many Cadillacs, however, I do get the Single Finger Salute when I blow by those Monte's & TA's getting on I-71...All kidding aside, the Caddy drivers I see probably don't notice or care that another Cadillac is passing them. Most seem to be too worried they are possibly driving to the doctor for the last time... :lol: I never see any young SPIRITED drivers in Caddy's... Next time I'm down your way, I'll be sure to wave and shoot you a rev! :D

Steering torque prevents Caddy owners from removing one of their hands from the steering wheel. LOLOL!!!!!!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

As old as the caddy drivers are in my area I'd just asoon they kept BOTH hands on the wheel(love them women with blue hair!)

Joe

Hey bigfoo!

It's hard to tell since most members do not want to divulge there current location... <_< What's up with that??? Anyway, I'll start the count @ '2' Since you would be number one, the one who asked....'

As an aside...what ever happened to that New York get together that was a hot topic about a month ago???? :huh:

i was going to say something about nods and waves lastnight on another thread, it happens alot around my town.. mainly cuz i drive it so smooth, everybody is looking.

i've noticed the SLS drivers stare a little longer, escalades wonder what im doing with a cadillac .. and devilles are to busy trying to see over the sterring wheel.

When i pull in for gas too, most of the time another caddy will pull in, few younger guys around here with them..

that big hand thing was funny

I have lots of family in Columbus Ohio, moved to Florida from Columbus myself, used to work for a Hog Farmer who made a living selling sausage down on the farm. Bob Evans, open a Mexican Restaurant concept in the early 90's called it Cantina Del Rio, I was transfered to FL to open a new store.

sebring06RTP.jpg

I've noticed the SLS drivers stare a little longer, escalades wonder what im doing with a cadillac .. and devilles are to busy trying to see over the sterring wheel.

Where in Florida are you, CaddyShack? Appears to be a few of us "Caddyinfodotcommers" here.

I just moved here to Florida, and since I drive 600 to 1000 miles a week, my Wife drives the DeVille (the Neon's a LOT kinder on fuel). She's "five foot nuthin'," so I guess what you say about DeVille drivers is partially true :lol:

Cheers,

Tim

I love those Caddy drivers that can't see over the steering wheel. All I see is knuckles......LOLOLOL!!!!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hehe.. How many of us are in ohio? we should get together sometime ))))

I tried to tell you guys a few months ago. Marietta is the place you wanna be,...so we loaded up the Caddy and.....nevermind, I can't think of anything that rhymes.

The river roar is this weekend in beautiful downtown Marietta, OH Fast boats and pretty girls, what more could you ask for? A few Caddys you say? I'll call the mayor and see if we can use the park on Front Street. That's where they usually hold the car shows, and the Harley meets. They block off ALL of Front Street for the Harley meets though!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I was born in Dayton, Ohio and raised in West Carollton / Miamisburg.

I always glance over to see who's driving what, usally get a reply look and smile.. all except those old people, gripping the wheel real tight trying to stay in the lines. cracks me up

TimOkon, I'm in Orlando man.. small city, prolly never heard of it? :D

There is about 20 or so of us scattered around the forums, also noticed pretty much everybody is on the east coast.. 85 brougham, nice car ! was trying to get one of those, couldnt do it.. sold like mad, even the one with 233k ($4000)

Many years ago there was a very prominent but tiny, tiny little lady who drove the biggest Caddy they made at the time. I was about 18 years old and as I came out of a building I saw this big Cadillac coasting toward a stop light with no driver in it! I put on my Superman act and chased after the car. Just in the nick of time I pulled open the door preparatory to jumping in and saving the day; and there was the little lady with everything under control (or as near to it as any driver can be who can't see over the sttering wheel)! Fortunately, I knew her so she didn't think she was being robbed. The stories above brought that embarrassing day back to me. In every day life one doesn't often get a chance to be a superhero and you have to grab your chances when they appear!

TimOkon, I'm in Orlando man.. small city, prolly never heard of it? 

There is about 20 or so of us scattered around the forums, also noticed pretty much everybody is on the east coast.. 85 brougham, nice car ! was trying to get one of those, couldnt do it.. sold like mad, even the one with 233k ($4000)

Right now, I live out toward the Gulf in Hernando County (just moved here), but my office is in Orlando (www.virtualmediaonline.com). Looking for a home in the Lakeland area right now.

You're right about the 85' Wood. I think that the mid-eighties Caddys were possibly some of the most stately and distinguished automobiles on the road. Not exactly performers, but then again, what WAS a performer (stock) in 1985. That car was owned by an old local politician. It was garaged most of the time. Got it with 55K miles on it. Beautiful.....except for what I DIDN'T know about those miserable 4100 engines. GM replaced the original engine and tranny at 40K. At 70K, the thing started to run like crap. Took it to the dealer, and they informed me that these engines had a cronic problem because of the s#*&tty soft cams and lifters that were used, and my alternatives were a top end rebuild for 3,500, or a complete motor job for close to 5K.

So off I drove, feeling that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach :( , and not knowing what to do with this car that I absolutely loved. Being an old gearhead (mostly Ford Trucks and Stangs) I decided that some surgery was in order, but time was something that I had precious little of, so I went and talked to the guy that used to machine blocks and heads for me, and he referred me to a shop that did this kind of thing regularly. VERY long story short, replaced the ENTIRE top end; heads, cam, lifters, pushrods (TRW steel-NOT OEM) timing gears, water pump, even a new radiator while it was out; all for just under 2K, NOT 3,500 like at the stealership. Car ran flawlessly - still does. Only has about 115K on it. Needs paint, though. It's off the road, parked at my house in NY which I'm in the process of selling. Can't decide whether to bring it down here, or sell it in NY.

Dang, that was long winded.

Anyway, perhaps we should organize a SE chapter of "Caddyinfodotcommers." Be fun to do a road trip and all meet up somewhere in Georgia, or some other SE spot.

Be well. Call me if you need a Digital Non Linear Editing Suite built :D

Regards,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

TODAY!!! an old man in a Cadillac waved to me!!

(or was he just trying to motion me to "get out of the way!!! LOLOL)

I usually find that the older women are driving these things, I have learned to keep my hands to myself...

women outlive not only their husbands but also their Cadillacs ;)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Dasher,

you killed me :lol: poor lady thought (hoped :rolleyes: ) you might be a serial rapist! :lol:

there was the little lady with everything under control (or as near to it as any driver can be who can't see over the sttering wheel)!

she's been driving to the same grocery store for 80+ yeras and did not need to see over the steering wheel! :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

TimOkon, I'm in Orlando man.. small city, prolly never heard of it? 

Right now, I live out toward the Gulf in Hernando County (just moved here), but my office is in Orlando (www.virtualmediaonline.com). Looking for a home in the Lakeland area right now.

You're right about the 85' Wood. I think that the mid-eighties Caddys were possibly some of the most stately and distinguished automobiles on the road. Not exactly performers, but then again, what WAS a performer (stock) in 1985. That car was owned by an old local politician. It was garaged most of the time. Got it with 55K miles on it. Beautiful.....except for what I DIDN'T know about those miserable 4100 engines. GM replaced the original engine and tranny at 40K. At 70K, the thing started to run like crap. Took it to the dealer, and they informed me that these engines had a cronic problem because of the s#*&tty soft cams and lifters that were used, and my alternatives were a top end rebuild for 3,500, or a complete motor job for close to 5K.

So off I drove, feeling that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach :( , and not knowing what to do with this car that I absolutely loved. Being an old gearhead (mostly Ford Trucks and Stangs) I decided that some surgery was in order, but time was something that I had precious little of, so I went and talked to the guy that used to machine blocks and heads for me, and he referred me to a shop that did this kind of thing regularly. VERY long story short, replaced the ENTIRE top end; heads, cam, lifters, pushrods (TRW steel-NOT OEM) timing gears, water pump, even a new radiator while it was out; all for just under 2K, NOT 3,500 like at the stealership. Car ran flawlessly - still does. Only has about 115K on it. Needs paint, though. It's off the road, parked at my house in NY which I'm in the process of selling. Can't decide whether to bring it down here, or sell it in NY.

Dang, that was long winded.

Anyway, perhaps we should organize a SE chapter of "Caddyinfodotcommers." Be fun to do a road trip and all meet up somewhere in Georgia, or some other SE spot.

Be well. Call me if you need a Digital Non Linear Editing Suite built :D

Regards,

Tim

Tim,

Is your '85 Brougham a d'Elegance model? My Dad had an '85 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance and in my opinion, the button tufted leather interior was the most beautiful interior of any car that I have EVER seen.

The 4100 engine was no Northstar :lol: but you need to remember that it was conceived during a gas crunch...

My Dad never had any problems with the HT-4100 engine in 191,000 miles. The secret was regular oil and coolant changes including the cooling system supplement. He sond the car to a coworker in 1994 with 191,000 miles on it and the new owner had 250,000 miles on the car a few years later.

A family friend had an '84 Coupe deVille that he sold with 172,000 miles on it in 1990 - he had zero problems witht he engine.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived