CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Results of "snapshot" codes.

STS Scott

With TDK's help, I attemped to take a system "snapshot", when the "Traction Disabled" message came up.

When I stoped, I entered the Diagnostics, and waited for it to say "PCM?", to which I pushed 'up' on the fan control (If I remember right, I think that is the "yes" button). Then it said "PCM data?", so I pushed 'up' again, and I got the code "8.3 PD01". Is this of any meaning? I would appreciate it greatly for someone to decifer this for me!

I reaaallllly hope this is a clue as to why my STS denies me of second gear!

Thanks for the input in advance!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

From what you said about stopping etc, I'm not too sure if you actually took a "customer snapshot".

As far as your code:

It appears that PD01 (ED01) is the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) in degrees. If the value of PD01 was only 8.3, I believe it means the throttle plate was almost closed or 8.3 degrees from 0 degrees or flat-closed. This is probably just a normal reading since you were pulled over and stopped. It is not what you really expect to find in a "customer snapshot".

Here is the "customer snapshot" procedure: from the following link: http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html#cus

DESCRIPTION

The Northstar powertrain has an unique feature that allows a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) snapshot to be recorded without being in on-board diagnostics by simply pressing two buttons on the Climate Control Center (CCC). This feature, called Customer Snapshot, records a complete set of PCM data parameters and inputs when the "OFF" and "FRONT DEFROST" buttons on the CCC are pressed simultaneously.

Customer Snapshot only works when the vehicle is NOT in on-board diagnostics. This feature can be very useful when it is difficult to reproduce a condition. When this occurs, the owner or driver may be instructed to take a Customer Snapshot while the condition is present and return to the dealer for diagnosis when convenient.

ACTIVATING SNAPSHOT

A Customer Snapshot may be taken anytime the ignition is on and the vehicle is not in on-board diagnostics. While this is true, pressing the "OFF" and "FRONT DEFROST" buttons simultaneously for one second will cause a snapshot to be taken and the "Service Engine Soon" Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) to be turned "ON" for 2 seconds as confirmation that a snapshot was taken.

RETRIEVING SNAPSHOT DATA

This data may be retrieved by entering diagnostics, selecting PCM SNAPSHOT and viewing the P001 SNAPSHOT (It will appear as a code snapshot with a code designation of P001, hence the P001 SNAPSHOT designation.). The Customer Snapshot data will be overwritten if another Customer Snapshot is taken or if a PCM snapshot is taken while in on-board diagnostics.

OK then,

When you say "...denies me 2nd gear", do you reallly mean to say that it is starting in 2nd gear, not in 1st gear (typical action of disabled traction control).

Following are typical Traction Control System (TCS) Codes, for OBD-I cars:

Code Description

T021 ................................................... RF Wheel Speed Sensor Fault

T022 ......................................... RF Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

T023 ........................................ RF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

T025 ................................................... LF Wheel Speed Sensor Fault

T026 ......................................... LF Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

T027 ........................................ LF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

T028 ............................................ Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

T031 ................................................... RR Wheel Speed Sensor Fault

T032 ......................................... RR Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

T033 ........................................ RR Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

T035 ................................................... LR Wheel Speed Sensor Fault

T036 ......................................... LR Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

T037 ........................................ LR Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

T041 ................................................... RF ABS Valve Solenoid Fault

T044 ...................................................... RF TCS Pilot Valve Fault

T045 ................................................... LF ABS Valve Solenoid Fault

T048 ...................................................... LF TCS Pilot Valve Fault

T051 ................................................... RR ABS Valve Solenoid Fault

T055 ........................................... LR Valve Solenoid Valve Fault (TCS)

T061 ...................................................... Motor Pump Circuit Fault

T063 ............................................................. Valve Relay Fault

T067 ......................... Brake Light Switch Fault (TCS Equipped Vehicles Only)

T071 .......................... Electronic Brake and TCS (EBTCM/EBCM) Internal Fault

T072 ........................................................ Serial Data Link Fault

T073 .......................... PCM - EBTCM/EBCM Pulse Width Modulation Signal Fault

T083 ......................................................... Brake Fluid Level Low

I still think your intermittant problem is related to one of the TCS codes above (in which case it should show up in History). Or, the disable/enable switch in the glove compartment is faulty (find it and operate it to verify it is not flakey).

You may want to read the entire linked article again in case I am not making sense here.

Good luck and hang in there. The ricers will still be around to smoke later.

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived