CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tire Opinions

Manny

I know this question has been beaten to death, but I have to ask - I just need some opinions. I bought a set of Goodyear Eagle Response Edge tires last summer, as summer/early fall only tires, for aftermarket wheels. The ride is alot harsher than I expected (I think partially due to the low profile, and partially due to the stiff cornering blocks and carbon fiber sidewalls). They do corner well, but not what I am looking for. It's about time to remove them for the season, and they are about at the wear indicators.

I have some other tires in mind for next summer, but I am not very sure (these are in no particular order):

BF Goodrich Advantage T/A

Pirelli P-Zero Nero

Michelin HydroEdge

Michelin Pilot Sport

Yokohama S Drive

I was going to bite the bullet and get a set of Vogue, but I keep hearing that the quality is not what it used to be.

I considered a set of Falken, but I don't hear much about them and am kind of leery (I actually ran into a guy who had some on his car, but he hadn't had them very long and couldn't weigh in very heavily).

Any insight from you folks is appreciated.

Ed.

Resistance is futile.

quake_tux.gif

Car&Driver recently did an interesting tire comparison test which is online here.

They assumed the Michelin Pilots were a good baseline, then compared several less expensive tires in a variety of real-world tests to see how they stacked up. Some of the less expensive tires outperformed or matched the Pilots.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I have the BF Goodrich T/A tires on my 1995 STS. All season, works pretty well even in the Minnesota winter.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived