CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Race Logic PerformanceBox

I am thinking of acquiring a Race Logic PerformanceBox to assist with testing.

group.jpg

This is similar in some ways to my Race Technology AP-22 unit, except that it uses 10hz GPS calculations to determine vehicle dynamics, and it acts as a data logger. The AP-22 uses G-force monitors only. When the glossy magazines do road tests, they use a Race Logic VBox. The PerformanceBox is the consumer version of the VBox, and gives the same results.

Viper_Accel.jpg

The Race Logic unit also will do an output/interlace with google earth, so you can show a plot of your route, and they are doing some interesting things with video overlays, so that you can take an in-car video, then process it to show speed and rpm graphics in the appropriate time of the video based on data captured from the PerformanceBox.

Cost is US$499 for their entry-level PerformanceBox, $799 for a driftbox which also measures drift angles (for drift racers say), or $1,800 for a vbox mini, which adds live output.

See Trackvision for similar work. The performancebox is one of the dataloggers that software will work with to overlay tech data on video.

frame2.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived