CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New info on fuel rail recall

Recall Number: 04V110000

Dates Manufactured: MAR 1996 to JUN 1997

Number of Vehicles Affected: 483477

Date Owners Notified On: Unavailable

SOME PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 4.0L V8 ENGINES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH THE NYLON TUBING USED IN THE FUEL RAIL CONSTRUCTION MAY DEGRADE AND CRACK. ADDITIONALLY, THE 1995 MODEL YEAR USES A UNIQUE UNDERHOOD FUEL RETURN LINE THAT MAY CRACK AT UNUSUA

Consequence of Defect:

FUEL LEAKAGE, IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE, COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.

Corrective Action:

DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEW FUEL RAIL ASSEMBLY CONSTRUCTED OUT OF STAINLESS STEEL. DEALERS WILL ALSO INSTALL A REVISED CHASSIS FUEL RETURN LINE. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MAY 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT OLDSMOBILE AT 1-800-630-6537

as well as

Recall Number: 97V064000

Dates Manufactured: APR 1996 to APR 1997

Number of Vehicles Affected: 156910

Date Owners Notified On: APR 1997

The Electronic Brake Control Module or the Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module can cause the Antilock Brake System (ABS) to cycle during a non-ABS brake application.

Consequence of Defect:

This condition can result in an increase in vehicle stopping distance increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.

Corrective Action:

Dealers will replace the Electronic Brake Control Module or the Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module.

Now for the Brake one, how can i tell that this has been done or if it needs to be done?

What I did when I bought my Caddy was call Cadillac at their main "800" number and I gave them my vehicle's VIN. They entered me in their computer as the new owner and at that time they advised me that no recalls were due on my car.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

My car has a small square sticker on the radiator shroud that reads campaign #47020 and a dealer code below it. I think that is the campaign no. for the ABS, indicating that it was done.

Archived