CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

USED XLR PRICES IN THE TOILET?

sonjaab

A used car multi store/multi line superstore in Syracuse NY has a 06

XLR for $29k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.usedcarking.com/inventory/detai...ehicle_id=W9364

Not to mention base 08 DTS for $21,xxx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.usedcarking.com/inventory/detai...hicle_id=P29177

I can only imagine what my 07 is worth ! But wish I had $29k layin' around

so I could steal that XLR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

That is SOoooooo tempting! It's a good thing I don't live anywhere near Cicero, wherever that is.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Used-car prices have tanked for all models everywhere. Last month my car was listed for 50% of what it was just a month or two earlier by KBB. It has recovered about 15% of that since. Strike now.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I only have 51,000 miles on my DTS.

I won't be needing one for about two more years.

Thought about getting one later on this year...and just putting it in the garage for a while.

In my 64 years, I have never seen deals like they have now.

Posted Image

Best time in 25 years to buy a new car.

You can almost name your price.

The dealers are ready to deal.

Recently bought a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. $8 K under sticker.

New XLR's have always been a "red headed step child" in the GM line up... GM currently has a 300+ day supply of this car...

And if the new car gets no love you know the used car will get even less.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

That is SOoooooo tempting! It's a good thing I don't live anywhere near Cicero, wherever that is.

No but you live near King O'Rourke in Smithtown, I have seen XLRs there in the last couple of weeks... Two door rocket.... Can I drive it? :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

It's not just XLR's whose prices are tanking but it's almost everything across the board. For example, I'm seeing the currently body style (2003+) Mercedes SL500 prices now dipping into the 20's. I also notice that prices for a used diesel pickup have dropped over $10k in the last year. I just looked at a 2005 Chevy Silverado with the Duramax and the owner is asking $15k. I'll buy it if the owner is willing to let it go for $13k.

IPB Image

There are some deals out there....

Nearby, there is a 2001 Eldorado Touring Coupe, with everything, for $6800.... Insane.

Somebody, pleeeeze talk me off the ledge, before I buy the thing..... I have the insane desire to go down there and tell 'em 6 grand, take it or leave it. Help me, before I spend again....

There are some deals out there....

Nearby, there is a 2001 Eldorado Touring Coupe, with everything, for $6800.... Insane.

Somebody, pleeeeze talk me off the ledge, before I buy the thing..... I have the insane desire to go down there and tell 'em 6 grand, take it or leave it. Help me, before I spend again....

Go offer them FIVE grand. They might just take it. :D:D

Posted Image

I have been thinking about THIS ONE. :D

XLR-V... less than HALF of what it sold for. Sticker on it was $100,000.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=c...amp;cardist=232

Wish it was RED instead of BLACK.

Oh . . . picky-picky! :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

No but you live near King O'Rourke in Smithtown, I have seen XLRs there in the last couple of weeks... Two door rocket.... Can I drive it? :lol:

Of course! You always drive my cars.

Two days hence it will be a year since I've owned the '01 ETC. I kept the '98 ESC for a few months before I sold it to my boss's boss's son (maybe not a good career move!). It was nice having to choose which Caddy to take to work on any given day. :D

Oh boy, I'd LOVE to show up at work in an XLR! And keep the ETC as a spare. :D :D :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Oh CRAP! I just checked the market: the DJIA is down 257 pts. I'm guessing that XLR just got a little cheaper.

Posted Image

Ah, you're thinking of the Lads from Lagos.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Sadly there's nary an XLR to be had at the Kingdom. The '04 advertised on their website (under 9,000 miles!) was sold last week. I left my name and phone number. Who knows? You might yet get to drive one. If God likes me.

Regards,

Warren

EDIT: http://www.cars.com/go/search/search_resul...mp;aff=national

Posted Image

Ah, you're thinking of the Lads from Lagos.

That's a hoot!

Check out these guys: http://www.419eater.com/

They make a hobby of baiting the scammers. Some of their stories are hilarious!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Yeah car prices are crazy right now...I still can hardly believe I was able to buy a 2000 STS for $3000...and that was from a dealer. There is a 2000 STS on my local craigslist going for $3700.

Charles

lol! Texas Jim, thanks for the encouragement!!!

They sold it.... So I can relax, and breathe again....

There are some XLR deals around too, I see.... You guys are a bad influence.

Yea.......That 06 for $29k is gone also ! Somebody got a deal!

My that V one for $48k is interesting too...................

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

If they still want to give one away, I'm listening . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived