CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What are the Plastic Xmas tree fastners called?

SPreston2001

Hey guys I know this may sound a little stupid, but I need to replace some of those plastic push tab fastners in a couple of places on my Cadillac and I need to know the proper name for them so I can purchase some online. I tried searching for "Push Tabs" but I got no results. Im pretty sure you guys know what im talking about. They are those little plastic fastners that are used to pretty much hold anything plastic to our cars and most noticably run across the top of the radiator cover. They are a PITA to remove but installing them just involves pushing them into place. I always called them the little christmas tree thingy's lol. Once these tabs are removed they get all bent up and dont hold the same. If you guys need a pic to better explain let me know and I will post one. Thanks

3100406887_808dbe1b91_m.jpg3100408453_191809e0a7_m.jpg

I don't know what they're called but I found a website that might be able to help you out.

http://www.autobodysupplies.com/

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I got my Automotive Technology book yesterday and one of the first chapters was fasteners. Those ARE commonly called Christmas tree fasteners.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

• 5 months later...

Archived