CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ABS CONTROL MODULE

wms691

MY 1998 SEVILLE STS THE ABS AND TRACK CONTROL LIGHT CAME ON I CHANGED THE ABS CONTROL MODULE. THE LIGHT CAME BACK I CLEARED THE SAME CODES. CAN IT BE SOMTHING ELSE ? LIKE A RELAY? CODES C1243 C1242.

You might double check the ground wire that connects the stud on the side of the pump motor to chassis ground. Be sure there is a surgically clean connection at both ends of that wire.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

MY 1998 SEVILLE STS THE ABS AND TRACK CONTROL LIGHT CAME ON I CHANGED THE ABS CONTROL MODULE. THE LIGHT CAME BACK I CLEARED THE SAME CODES. CAN IT BE SOMTHING ELSE ? LIKE A RELAY? CODES C1243 C1242.

THANKS

I just went through this with my eldo. I got the connection at the module wet while washing under the hood, causing all sorts of codes, and setting the abs/trac light. After cleaning and re-seating the connection well, it takes 50 start cycles (if I remember reading the service manual) before the codes will clear. The manual mentions the abs/brake/trac module cannot be reset by clearing the codes or pulling the batt... they just need to clear on their own.

After cleaning the connection, the codes and lights went away within 3 days, and everything works great again.

Hope that helps!

-Scott

I just went through this with my eldo. I got the connection at the module wet while washing under the hood, causing all sorts of codes, and setting the abs/trac light. After cleaning and re-seating the connection well, it takes 50 start cycles (if I remember reading the service manual) before the codes will clear. The manual mentions the abs/brake/trac module cannot be reset by clearing the codes or pulling the batt... they just need to clear on their own.

After cleaning the connection, the codes and lights went away within 3 days, and everything works great again.

Hope that helps!

-Scott

THANKS SCOTT FOR YOUR HELP

Archived