CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Misfire Problem Solved

GreenMachine

Alright looked online for part number 12192090, or Spark Plug Wire #7. Online prices were 12-15 bucks but as soon as shiping was added the price went up to about 20-25. This was in regard to carbon tracking and misfire at WOT, cruise, and even stop light idle at times.

So I decided to call differant local parts places, all said they only sell the complete set and since mine all checked out well within spec on the resistance test I decided that in order to save some money until after the taxbill to get just the one wire.

Called Braun Cadillac-SAAB, they wanted 22 something plus tax and it would take 2 days to ship...plus they aren't exactly close to me but are however the place the car was purchased.

Called Keyser Cadillac who always was a bit of jerk like place (except for the guys who run the parts room, great group). The said the same story and the guy said about 20 bucks.

They are a 5 minute drive from my house so I decided I'll order it from Keyser and get it by Monday. To my surprise they must have been in a good mood. Greg at the service department said "ya know what I have plenty of the full kits in stock, I'll order the number from the warehouse and get the plug wire you need from the pack and put the ordered one in the kit".

I agreed and then we both quickly relized that the replacements arn't numbered and have no identification at all other than being differant sizes. They then let me pull my car in and fiddle with the short plug wires finding out which one was the right size and as of a few minutes ago when I got home I have installed it.

This concludes the tail end of this post: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...c=10601&hl= and hopefully I'll have that MSM issue taken care of shortly.

A forum search helped me find my way and I hope this post helps someone out too. Tax brought my order to a total of $21.27 and the spark plug was exchanged free of charge at carquest.

PICTURES OF REFERANCE:

CARBON TRACKED PLUG:

IPB Image

CARBON TRACK ON WIRE:

IPB Image

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Glad to hear you solved the problem. Sometimes you run into some decent people that are willing to go out of their way to help. Last December my idler pulley fell off driving home from work. Luckily, I was able to drive to a nearby Kar Parts. It was about 10 degrees, so I knew I was in for a fun evening, especially when I couldn’t get the pulley off to replace it. I didn’t want to force it and end up breaking the bolt or stripping the threads. So I decided to try to find a belt to bypass the idler pulley. Lucky for me the Kar Parts manager was one heck of a nice guy. He worked with me to find the right belt. :)

On the other hand, years ago I drove into a gas station for some air. Well, apparently the air was only for paying customers because right in the middle of putting air in my front tire, suddenly there’s no air. The S.O.B shut the air off on me. :angry::lol: Oh well, a short time after he went out of business so I guess he was just trying to save money. :blink:

Archived