CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

95 Eldo exhaust resonator pipe

Anyone know where on earth or even on mars to get one of these ?? Replacing my Cat and the pipe has allready been cut and welded previously, and broken, and cobbed back together.

Using an direct fit OEM Cat , entire system is welded, would like to replace the resonator pipe now too. Mufflers were new last year. Thanks !

I have looked locally, and they even called Walker -............

A good local muffler shop should be able to make you one from scratch in a couple of hours. Be sure and specify stainless steel in the flange, pipe, *and* welds. Cost should be in the $100 range, maybe less. I'm not exactly sure which pipe you're talking about, but I'm assuming that it is the one on the rear of the cat. In my old 1997 Eldorado, the cat *is* the resonator, and breaks up the resonances in the header up to the cat, and the resonances of the cat-to-rear-Y or cat-to-rear-mufflers. There is no separate resonator. The stock cat is a high-flow unit, in that it is about the same flow capacity as one for a bow-tie 350 cid V8 and only begins to restrict at redline for a VIN "9" engine.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

If you're referring to the section of pipe that is larger in diameter just behind the catalytic converter, I think that is part of the pipe assembly that goes from the converter to the muffler y-pipe. It may just be an enlarged section of the pipe and not an actual resonator.

You might need to buy that section of pipe.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The reason I am wanting to replace it , is that it broke off at a previous weld when what appears to be a Cat replacement. It now has 135,000 miles and the Cat needsto be replaced.

Stock the system is all welded except where it the Cat bolts to the header down pipe, and back at the mufflers - Y - pipe connection.

That pipe is all one piece from Cat back to mufflers and contains a resonator. A new one is a little over $100 , but not available. I am trying to get away from doing a piecemeal job, but may have to resort to that.

My other thought is - that I have a 95 Seville, and looking at both systems , the Cats are the same, the pipe configuration, connections, and resonator are the same, just the Seville is 18" longer than the Eldo.....

at $95 for the Seville, I may just get it and se if it can be cut down in length in the center section and welded back together to fit the Eldo.

Who knows maybe with the new direct fit Cat , it may work out with the pipe that is there now......as it says the pipe 2" longer and slide the Cat on it and clamp or weld....

I will let you know what happens - thanks for the replies.

The pipe is not available from GM but Walker makes an aftermarket replacement last time I checked.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Walker does make one, but they have not a single one in the country. Thus the fact that all the aftermarkey guys who purchase from them do not have one.

My parts supplier checked with Walker direct. Thanks : ) .

CatConv. comes in today , so will keep this post alive.

Have you considered repairing your existing one or making a new one?

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

• 1 month later...

All you need to keep is the flange to the rear of the cat, with its oxygen sensor boss, and any good muffler shop can make the rest in a short time at a an affordable price. Or, Walker may be back in stock. See post #2 above for details.

Archived