CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2005 CTS Corsa Cat-back Exhaust

Catbert

Corsa finally has their website updated with the new 3.6L cat-back system; looks sharp to me.

CTS04Sysm.jpgCTS04sm.jpg

Now I just need to get the money sorted out  :rolleyes: $940 ouch.  I waited for a long time on the 96 STS system to be released (still has not been) though so I want to take advantage of the fact that they offer a performance system for the CTS!

Odd that they are charging $49 for the template to modify the rear valence; seems like that would be a fine piece of plastic to include in the kit for free to me.

For the 3.6L Corsa suggests 14 hp and 18 lb-ft of torque are freed up.

Official GM Licensed Product

Custom Designed and Tuned For Each Vehicle Application

All Stainless Steel Components

Straight Through Nonrestrictive Design Increases Horsepower

Hand Crafted in the USA

Limited Lifetime Warranty

HP & Torque: 14 HP/ 18 ft lbs Torque

I got the Corsa system for my 2003 3.2. I waited a long time between the announcement of the product and the actual shipping of the first kits. I found that I could get it cheaper locally than from Corsa, AND the local shop ate the cost of the template, since they hoped to use it again.

The 3.6 looks very much like the 3.2 kit. I personally didn't notice a performance or mileage gain, but it sounds good. It wasn't an really easy install, and the local shop had to adjust it a couple times. If the 2003 had dual exhaust, I think I would have simply put on a decent set of tips, and left the rest alone. B)

• 1 month later...

This week I have been re-visiting the Corsa exhaust question. I have the right amount of money in hand, unlooked for and so not planned for something else. The perfect type of money to spend on CTS stuff.

As Catbert pointed out though, the current exhaust system on the CTS is a stainless steel true dual system. The Corsa is a 2.5" stainless steel dual system. It perhaps adds 7 hp (third party estimate) to 14 hp (Corsa?) to the stock 255 hp from what I have been able to gather, although it adds little noise at idle in exchange. Interestingly, the Corsa is now a standard GM part, and can be ordered from a Dealer. Looks good, sounds good, but is it worth $50-100 per hp for basically the same/similar performance? On the other hand, it would be nice to test the hardware and actually see what diff it makes on the 0-60 time for the 3.6L CTS. My best time, run in 70F air so far is 6.21s 0-60 mph, after the airbox add http://www.caddyinfo.com/ctsairbox.htm My goal has been to get down under 6s, which would need another 10 hp.

Other 'car' choices for the money including setting it aside for purchase of an extended warranty. This runs roughly $2K, so the exhaust money would only be part of it. The Caddy warranty runs 4 yrs 50K miles of course, but I'm at 15K miles in the first year, so I'll be done in 3 yrs more or less. Would be nice to have the car under warranty until paid off. I'm leaning toward not getting the extended warranty until needed however -- if Cadillac does come along with a 300hp CTS Sport or similar I want to be able to trade up for that. Any money spent on an extended warranty I don't use is money that could have been more downpayment.

But for now I am thinking of just pocketing the funds into my 'car fund' for the future. Even with the monthly payments on the CTS, I'm trying to build up a war chest to help with the next car, or with upgrades after the warranty expires, or other car needs.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 5 weeks later...
Corsa finally has their website updated with the new 3.6L cat-back system; looks sharp to me.

CTS04Sysm.jpgCTS04sm.jpg

Now I just need to get the money sorted out :rolleyes: $940 ouch. I waited for a long time on the 96 STS system to be released (still has not been) though so I want to take advantage of the fact that they offer a performance system for the CTS!

Odd that they are charging $49 for the template to modify the rear valence; seems like that would be a fine piece of plastic to include in the kit for free to me.

For the 3.6L Corsa suggests 14 hp and 18 lb-ft of torque are freed up.

Official GM Licensed Product

Custom Designed and Tuned For Each Vehicle Application

All Stainless Steel Components

Straight Through Nonrestrictive Design Increases Horsepower

Hand Crafted in the USA

Limited Lifetime Warranty

HP & Torque: 14 HP/ 18 ft lbs Torque

Are they saying that there is going to be an exaust system for the 96 STS's? I haven't heard of that those systems are amayzing aren't they but there pricy! :o

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a shot of the Corsa cat-back system installed showing the new rear valance openings and the Corsa tips:

ctscorsa.jpg

I still would like to adjust some, so that the tips sit further outboard.

ctscorsa2.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived