CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fan for heat and air won't come on

klockwurk

I have a 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille and I can not get my fan (blower) to come on no matter what I select from the climate control panel. I can set it on 60 degrees or 90 degrees, high or low and nothing happens. I checked the fuses and everything looks good. Could this be my blower motor? Any other suggestions? And if it is my blower motor......where is it located? Any information that y'all may have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The same thing happened on my 95 concours, and I had to replace the motor. Mine is in the center of the firewall and was fairly easier to replace, but I'm not sure where yours is but it might be in the same place. Hope this helps

I don't have my '92 manual anymore but I remember replacing a blower control module on an '85 Eldo. Not real sure if the '92 is controlled the same way or by the BCM.

The '92 has a separate blower control module. That is most likely the problem.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Klockwurk,

I had the exact same thing happen to me with my 93 Eldorado last summer. Yes, the A/C is a fine thing in the middle of summer! :o I thought it was the BC module, but it ended up being the blower motor itself. It wasn't too bad, kinda cramped :rolleyes: , but it took about 2 hrs. or so.

I figured it out with the help of a nice Caddy dealer parts guy, copying some troubleshooting guides for me. It is one year difference, but it probably is the same method for your vehicle.

If you email me, or PM me with your Email address, I can scan in the documents and email you this info. if you want... ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

The '92 Sedan DeVille had a separate blower control module- (unlike the newer Cads that had the module integrated into the blower motor itself.) Much easier to replace.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Check the connections at the blower motor. If ok then look at the blower module about a foot away. These go bad allllllll the time. About $90 at the dealer...

'94 and latter models have the blower module built into the actual blower. Its a brushless design. Its also controlled on the UART data line.

• 4 years later...

Yep, I know of what you speak brother. I lost my fans the other day. This was preceded by a puff of smoke from under the right side of the dash and that burning smell. I am told that it was a bad ground wire on the fan motor and that in turn took out the module. About $900 later and new parts and we are off and going.

Hope this helps

Winngrip

Archived