CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DIC control panel

newbold1

Can anyone tell me the part number for the DIC control panel that is above the radio. The small panel that includes the big "Info" push button in the center, trunk and fuel door release on the right, and the info reset / trip reset on the right.

The backlight on mine is blown on the left side (i.e.: info reset and trip reset) and its kind of bugging me. I had bigger problems with my faulty alternator but since that is now fixed, I want to go ahead and fix this control panel issue too.

Aside from finding the part... can anyone tell me how to go about removing the panel? I can't tell if it just snaps into place or if there is some other way to go about removing it. If there are screws, they sure are well hidden and I don't know where to begin. I am hoping its a simple job to remove it.

I think you can replace those bulbs inside that panel, someone has done it before on the old board.

As far as getting it out, it should pull out towards you. You will probably have to remove the climate panel and radio first. Start at the bottom and work your way up. The car stereo sites have info for R and R of the radio.

Don't spend hunreds of $$ replacing that thing over $2 worth of bulbs. I was the one that posted a how to on replacing the bulbs @ the old board but did a search and could not find it. Check under chuck or chuck h. and it was in Feb or March of 03. I'll check in the cellar for the bulb package w/ the bulb # I picked up at Radio Shack.

nh3

Archived