CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I need help figuring out where this vacuum line is supposed to go.  I also have a loose piece of rigid vacuum line.  This open line is coming out between the brake booster and where the blower is supposed to be.

20180113_141227.jpg

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

hmm.

If there is 2 lines already on the exhaust solenoid I would say it does not go there. The open one is for the vent

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Second pic.....I don't think anything is suppose to be there. Just a foam filter thingy. 

It looks like the foam retaining clip is still there.

The little foam dust filters are typically long gone after the first couple of years...

egrfoam2.jpg

Thanks.  On that first pic though, I have an open vacuum line coming towards the engine from the firewall area between the brake booster and where the blower is supposed to be.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

does the parking brake release?

It may be the line that goes through the firewall to the dash. It controls the air mix doors and the parking brake release

GM FAN FOREVER

The missing vacuum line is for mode control for HVAC. The line connects to a feed line down near the oil filter adapter housing, you will see a cluster of lines bolted to the cylinderhead.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:15 PM, cadillacjeff7777 said:

When I set the parking brake, I had to reach under the dash and move a piece on the parking brake assembly to get it to release.

There you go.

It is very likely the one that goes through the firewall to under the dash.It controls the HVAC and the parking brake release. 

should be easy to see the hard line being you are missing the rest of the blower box. It is underneath it somewhere

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived