CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

air cond. heater issues

I have a 2002 Eldorado.   When set in the air cond. mode, the driver side vents blow cold...as does the back seat vent.  the passenger side blows very warm.

When I switch to the heater mode, the driver side blows warm...but never hot.  the rear vent blows luke warm.  Passenger side blows cold.

When I switch to floor vent heat, the temp never gets more than luke warm, even with heat cranked full.  The thermostat must be working properly, as the temp reaches the proper operating range quickly.

I very recently had the radiator, hoses, thermostat and overflow replaced.   Also a full coolant flush and fill.

I read some older posts regarding actuator codes being off?  Also to check inside the glove box behind an access door.

Am not very mechanical and am afraid to take this to dealership, for fear of huge repair bill.

Help?

:welcomesmiley:

Disconnect the battery negative cable for about 30 mins and restart the Eldo and see if it changes...

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Archived