CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CT6 - 4 Ways to Enjoy it

Bruce Nunnally

1467904397610.jpg

Cadillac's large sedan, the CT6, came to market in a time of low gas prices when people wanted to move to SUVs and Trucks.  

Available with the 265hp 2L Turbo, 335 hp V6 LGX, or 404 hp TT V6 LGW  or a 31 mile hybrid system plus the 2L turbo.  The LGW has start/stop technology, where the 464 hp 3.6L TT LF4 in the ATS-V does not.

For max mpg the 2L TT four seems the answer, rated at 22/30 mpg.    The Hybrid offers commuters full electric operation, at a cost of extra weight for the battery which offsets the CT6 design -- a full size sedan at a small sedan weight.  However, because I use my sedan principally for commuting, doing so in electric mode both ways could lead to almost no gas usage in normal use.  Only airport transits would exceed the 31 mile range.  

Is the Hybrid a better 2L Turbo setup?  It does boost power from 265 hp to 325 combined hp.  However, the hybrid weight pushed the 2L+Hybrid sedan to 4567 lbs from the straight 2L weight of 3657 lbs, adding 910 lbs.  I think I could enjoy either, but it would be for different reasons.  The 2L 2L as a low weight large car -- the CT6 design hallmark.  The Hybrid as an all-electric commuter with a gas tank for longer trips.

I am drawn to the 404 hp 3L TT variant as well of course.  If you were buying a CT6 which variant would you prefer?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My 'flavor' would be the 3.6 (LGX) in the Luxury Premium; I know, kind of middle of the pack but the fuel usage would be good, the equipment almost top of the line and the price high but not stratospheric.  Oh, and probably in white/pearl and the lightest interior color available.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Silver, my second choice.......................................nice ride Bruce.  Classic styling IMO too.  I think it (the styling) will age well.

Chuck

I am enjoying it.  Terrific view out; hard to describe but the greenhouse visibility is quite good.  The v6 has start/stop AND is a v4/v6.  I watch to see how to ease it in to v4 mode steady state for max mpg.

Bruce

• 1 year later...

Update:  I just traded my  '17 XT5 Luxury for a '19 CT6 Luxury.  I didn't get the Lux/Prem (cost) but I got a good deal on the '19.  It is the white/pearl and actually has less equipment than the XT5 but I wanted to get back into a sedan (and the trade-in and price fit the bill) so here I am.

Chuck

Congrats; I am interested to hear more on how you compare the two, and how you like the CT6

Bruce

Well, right off, you're going from a CUV to a sedan.  The CT6 is quieter, more sure footed (the XT5 is fine but the CT6 is almost on rails).  I'll miss my heated steering wheel but the CT6 still has heated seats.  The CT6 has the lane keep, front braking etc. (as an option) that my XT5 didn't have but I don't think I was missing it before.  The CT6 has the same six (though longitudinal opposed to transverse), now have a ten speed tranny as opposed the eight of the XT5 and the CT6 has rear biased all wheel drive.  I'll probably have more as I get used to the new ride but in a nut-shell; I liked the XT5 a lot but I think I'm going to love the CT6. 

Chuck