CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM VSS 100 security system

HELP! I purchased a 1988 Brougham, low mileage great shape, all the good stuff....it came with a VSS security system, installed by the dealer. I thought it was disabled/ disconnected, HOWEVER, I went to start it today, and the starter would not engage, and, to my dismay, I noticed the system keypad light was blinking....OH NO! So, I know there have been MANY problems with security systems with other cars and owners, but I can't seem to find any posts or forums on this particular aftermarket system....any help from you guys on this would be G R E A T L Y appreciated, or guide me to a source of info on this subject. Thanks so much, Bill 

Can you contact the person or company that sold you the Brougham and have them give you the code?

The other option is to remove the system and reconnect the starter enable wire that the security system is spliced into. The starter wire is the one they cut and connect through the aftermarket system. But you will have to remove the entire system to regain normal operation.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Hi OldCadtech, thanks for your reply....the previous owner is, you guessed it, deceased. His son, who sold me the Cad, a really nice guy, has no info on the system or code, I need some kind of a manual for it, I think it's the VSS 100 keypad system. It has ran fine for two weeks now, I thought it was disabled, ( the siren is disconnected) but apparently not, as it is now steadily blinking....I'll try to contact a locksmith/ alarm company, maybe even GM. If I cant get anywhere with that route, I guess I'll try to squeeze under the car, and try to find that splice to the starter, or, do you know if it can be accessed from under the hood? Any further help would be greatly appreciated !!! Thanks! Bill

more than likely it is spliced under the dash to the ignition switch. Not the cylinder.

Should be hard to miss

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Yea,

3 hours ago, rockfangd said:

more than likely it is spliced under the dash to the ignition switch. Not the cylinder.

Should be hard to miss

probably a mass of wires under the steering wheel, and a little black "box" too.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Archived