I'm interested to buy a Cadillac CTS 2008. The problem is that the car doesn't start at all. Electrical, battery etc. are fine but no chance that the car starts or even give a sound then turning the key. No fault codes found with Tech 2. A issue that may set this problem is that the car have lost both keys and a locksmith made new and also had them connected to the car. The locksmith are very good and said that the car and keys was connected but the car didn't start anyway.  I have googled the subject and found same problem but no solution. Any ideas?

Am I correct that the starter is not engaging or even clicking??

It sounds like you have an anti-theft issue or an issue with the ignition switch.

When you unlock the door with the keyless entry transmitter or unlock with the door key is the security light flashing?

Turn the key to the run position but do not try to start the engine. Does the instrument cluster light up normally? Does the security light flash and then go out?

Edited by OldCadTech

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Yes, no sound at all from starter but electrical stuff sounds in engine then turning the key to on (before starting mode), like pumps etc.

The instrument cluster light up normally but Theft-Deterrent System are on even then turning the key to on mode.

Doors open and locks with the remote key.

Seems to have something to do with the Theft-Deterrent System?

Edited by johnny@abergsforlag.se

It could still be the key reader in the ignition switch, but it sounds like a theft deterrent system not "seeing" the key.

Try doing a key learn first.

Put a battery charger on the battery if you can. Make sure the doors are shut and the drivers door window is down or plan on staying inside the vehicle for 30 plus minutes. The doors must remain closed the entire time. Put one of the new keys in the ignition and turn the ignition to run but do not attempt to start the engine. Leave the key in the run position for 10 minutes or until the security light flashes. Once the security light flashes and goes out, or the time is up, turn the key to off but do not remove the key. Leave the key in the off position for 10 seconds and then turn the ignition to the run position and wait another 10 minutes, then key off for ten seconds and then back to run again for 10 more minutes. After the third and final 10 minutes turn the key to off, wait 10 seconds and then turn the key to start the engine. If everything goes well the engine will crank for an extended period and then start. During this extended cranking period DO NOT release the key until it starts. If you release the key before it starts you will need to repeat the process again. 

I've done this without doing the 10 second wait between key cycles and it has worked, so don't worry too much about that. The main thing is to NOT remove the key.

If the key learn does not work, you will need to do the key learn through the Tech2 or other theft system diagnostics.

Then get some air in the right rear tire :)

Edited by OldCadTech

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Might be too late now because of the time difference - -> but I've had to repeat the process a couple of times on occasion before it was successful.

Thank you for answers. I have put a bid on the auction and will see on Wednesday if I will win. If so I will try suggested key-trick. Will let you know if so.

I also noticed that both back doors was not possible to open. I heard the remote unlock both doors and the knobs went up, but impossible to open with either the door handle outside and inside. Any suggestions?

Very rare that BOTH rear doors are suffering from the same problem. Are you still referring to the 2008 or the 1998?

Either way the door panel has to be removed from the inside (which is no easy task with the door closed) and the latch has to be released from inside the door.

The 2008 CTS. Can it be electrical locked? Seems rare, as you say, that both rear doors acts like this. It was low batteri, perhaps can have something to do with it?

It could be I guess BUT you indicated both manual lock knobs came up....