CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trycker ut vatten genom expansion kärlet

Venom

:welcomesmiley: Venom says:. I purchased a 99 STS (Congrats!) and it is squeezing water out of the expansion tank.   Has it blown the head gasket (is the top gone into the woods?).

Venom:. Welcome!! A good first step is to check the coolant for exhaust gases using a test kit.  That is a good indicator.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

har en 98 som fick detta problemet, kolla returslangen från behållaren till insuget. anslutningen som slangen sitter fast på täpptes igen på min. hålet är bara 3 mm stort så det som gjort för att det täpps igen. jag borrade upp min till  5mm och blev av med problemet. långt senare blåste jag en topp men det e annan historia..  :-)

Anders notes that he also had this issue.  He found that the connection for the return hose from the manifold to the tank was only 3 mm and tended to clog.  He drilled the connection to 5 mm which got rid of the problem.  Later he did have a head gasket / head bolt problem but that was a different story.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

12 hours ago, Anders Mellquist said:

har en 98 som fick detta problemet, kolla returslangen från behållaren till insuget. anslutningen som slangen sitter fast på täpptes igen på min. hålet är bara 3 mm stort så det som gjort för att det täpps igen. jag borrade upp min till  5mm och blev av med problemet. långt senare blåste jag en topp men det e annan historia..  :-)

Ok? ska ut och kolla! Tack ??

Archived