CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

XLR shopping

Beautiful car and close to home, how lucky can a fella get !! Looks great in the pictures with only a few minor flaws. I believe you will be very happy with it . Best of luck!!

Thats a very nice looking car Bruce. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I went to the corvette homecoming a few years ago and saw 40 xlrs and none were blue. I would like to see it in person some time.

It looks sharp in person, and definitely not Silver (one of my goals was not another light platinum Cadillac). Yes, we should plan a road trip sometime.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

USAA got the bank check here for the XLR. Meeting w seller this afternoon at tax/title office to complete the purchase, and hopefully we can be enjoying the Roadster this evening.

More info on XLR Xenon Blue: http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=6232

PPG code 6232 - blue

This blue automotive paint color is most commonly known as Blue Topaz. Other common color promotional names include Luxo Blue, Xenon Blue, Lemans Blue, Heritage Blue, and Cobalt Blue. The color formulation has been used between 2004 and 2015, primarily by GM. We have records of this color appearing on the following models: Cadillac, Corvette, Chevrolet, Volt, Aveo, XLR, Sierra, GMC, Chevy Truck, Sonic, Cruze, Verano, Captiva, Silverado, Buick, Malibu, Avalanche, Escalade, SRX, Suburban, Tahoe, and Impala. See the full detailed list below.

6232 is a paint code for Pittsburgh Plate Glass who has been providing automotive paints since 1924 (originally Ditzler Color Company subsidiary acquired in 1928). PPG/Ditzler codes in the 2000 to 9990 range were primarily used on new paint formulations from 1969 to 2003. They serve as a great way to track the usage of paint.

Bruce

XLR is home but with some to-dos.

post-3-0-38594800-1438720807_thumb.jpg

The traction/stabilitrak lights/messages are on sometimes. Online research reads like if anything w XLR is wrong these lights are on too. i sent a note to Crest to see if they can look at it.

Needs inspection then back to DMV for title/registration, and I can see about what else is needed.

Bruce

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

https://goo.gl/photos/PTYV5veNizJaGq1K6

First day home pics. No trouble lights on when out to dinner or groceries, so it may be the odd connector issue where if you adjust the telescoping steering wheel the traction control gets confused.

Bruce

Archived