CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

08 STS Non nav stereo ?'s

Hello all, my wife has the 08 sts with bose non navigation system, it has on-star. My ? is, is there anything you can add for Bluetooth on this car? Or stereo change to aftermarket, which I don't think can be done since all the settings for the vehicle go through the radio. I don't want it hacked up and still need her on-star and Sirius to work like normal. I told her I didn't think anything could be added, but if there is, I would like to know what others may have done. Thanks.

How does that all work? Any links to that install? Does the vcim have to be Cadillac specific, I found quite a few on ebay. Don't really want it for the phone part of it, she wants to be able to use her ipod in the car, will the Bluetooth work for that or just phone? She is jealous of my Tahoe set-up since I installed bluethooth radio with ipod controls and Sirius.

How does that all work? Any links to that install? Does the vcim have to be Cadillac specific, I found quite a few on ebay. Don't really want it for the phone part of it, she wants to be able to use her ipod in the car, will the Bluetooth work for that or just phone? She is jealous of my Tahoe set-up since I installed bluethooth radio with ipod controls and Sirius.

The Bluetooth in the Cadillacs is just for the phone......to stream music thru the radio, plug the ipod or your phone into the AUX port on the front of the radio.

Posted Image

That's the thing, there is no aux port on this radio, that would be too simple. I haven't found much on these as far as adding anything without loosing all the functions.

That's the thing, there is no aux port on this radio, that would be too simple. I haven't found much on these as far as adding anything without loosing all the functions.

That's kinda odd that it has no aux port... I thought just about all cars from about 2004 ans newer had AUX ports..

My 2006 DTS had one..

Posted Image

Archived