CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Putting off shopping?

Several things going on at the moment between new family store and shopping houses, but I was planning on shopping Cadillacs about now.

Main Choices:

1) Keep my 2008 STS-V 70k miles, no problems, 500hp, 0-60 ~5 sec, 13/19 mpg

2) 2014 ATS Premium <10K miles, ~$35K 321 hp, 0-60 5.4 sec, 19/28 mpg

3) 2014 CTS VSport (not Premium) <10K miles, ~$42K, 420 hp, 0-60 4.5 sec, 18/25 mpg

Today waiting another year is slightly ahead in the polling. The kbb numbers on the 08 STS-V are around $17 is a fair trade and $19 a fair private sell. Obviously offers would be less.

What do you think?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

If I was in your position, depending on how fast your STS-V is dropping in value, I might wait another year.
But if I went shopping now, I think I would be leaning pretty far towards the CTS V-Sport... :)

Posted Image

I would think at this point the ~$18K STS-V will depreciate more slowly than a $42-48K CTS Vsport, so there is that. I have not driven a CTS Vsport so I also need to get in one and see how it feels in person.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would think at this point the ~$18K STS-V will depreciate more slowly than a $42-48K CTS Vsport, so there is that. I have not driven a CTS Vsport so I also need to get in one and see how it feels in person.

That's what I was thinking too Bruce... the net cost between your STS-V and the CTS V-Sport will get less and less as time passes.

Posted Image

Archived