CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

This is the second time where my 2006 Sts-v blower stopped working I replaced blower still no good, also the from CIG lighter stopped at same exact time on both occasions, rear lighter still works fuse is good , possible replay issue? If so which relay is it in fuse block there are two sets of relays designated high and like fan. I did get it to work once by banging on side of console adjacent to ashtray both blower and CIG lighter started working for about a week. Now both have gone out again, somehow there is a relationship between us he ashtray CIG lighter and blower fan. The heated seat portion of console still works and console light for fan controls is still lit/ any suggestions would be appreciated, johnny o

I am sorry I can't say about your particular vehicle, but I bet there is a resister very near the blower motor that should be replaced also. You will likely find over heated wiring connecter in there. Also the cabin filter, if dirty can cause the motor to work harder and heat the parts, which would cause repeated failure. \

Archived