CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Request for “project cars” sub forum for build threads

I think it is GREAT that there is a sub forum for performance mods, and I will be posting some in the upcoming weeks. But what I have been unable to find among Cadillac forums is a Project Cars or Member’s Cars sub forum for the build threads so readers can follow the creation or re-creation of a high performance Caddy. Whether it is a CTS-V, a 1970 Eldorado, a Nothstar powered Eldo, etc. , a sub forum would be an organized way of finding and enjoying and learning from others who have the need to modify their rides for performance or racing.

I am doing just that with my 2002 Eldorado ESC which is getting big brakes, a racing suspension, cold air intake, Thrush Welded exhaust, and will be raced at SCCA autocross events.

I am a member of a big Cadillac forum that has moderators who make comments that seem to discourage the modification of the Caddy. I have trouble finding people there who know anything about performance mods and suspect that they have been run off by such comments. I have found other posters in forums who have said the same thing. I think if this forum created a project car sub category or forum for Caddy builds (and an additional one for Caddy powered non-Cadillac builds) then the membership in this forum would go up as people find these project cars using search engines.

The current forum is great for specific mods like putting 11.75” rear discs on a last gen Eldorado, but a build thread area would be great for getting the big picture of the whole project.

Click here to visit the main directory for my subforum about my 2002 Eldorado build for autocross racing:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=96

The approach we have taken is any contributing member can have a subforum upon request about their car. That makes a great place to post ongoing topics about that one vehicle as you describe.

Do you think a new forum called Cadillac Builds and then subforums for individual builds?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

This is what I had in mind ,but for Cadillacs

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/

Click here to visit the main directory for my subforum about my 2002 Eldorado build for autocross racing:

I have changed the performance mods forum

Cadillac Builds and Project Cars

with your description above, and opened an example subforum:

Build: Cody's 2002 Eldorado ESC

Does that suit?

Bruce

WOW! thank you. I am on a short break at work, but will look into this after I get off work.

I have been looking for a forum that will support formating and pictures (either by uploading or photobucket hosting) that makes a well formated presentation possible and has at least a few following members. I may copy my thread in other forums as well, but the MAIN thread will be the one that I keep updated and link to my facebook timeline and pho album about the car. I will be inviting my 12,000 friends (3 FB accounts) to follow the build.

I will begin the post soon.

It has been long enough since I posted here that I had actually forgotten I was a member. Part of the reason is that when I googled information for Cadillac performance related forums, I never abreviated to "Caddy" nor did I use the abreviation "info" so this forum did not show up high enough in the search. I happened across the forum today in a random search for parts and glad I did. if the phrases "Cadillac performance" , and "Cadillac performance forums" was added into the key words for this site, other Cadillac hotrodders might the new sub forum as well and relocate here.

again, thank you.

Sounds as if we are set -- I'll put a note in that forum explaining how to get a separate build thread subforum for others to find.

Bruce

The way I do pictures to forums is...

Get a free Photobucket account...

Upload your pictures to the free account...

Make a few folders to organize your pictures if you want to...

When you move the mouse over a picture, a little gear will pop up on the upper right corner of the picture.

Move the mouse over the gear and a menu will drop down... click on GET LINKS... click on the bottom one...IMG Codes

Then come to the forum and do a PASTE and your FULL SIZE picture is then here.

Posted Image

Archived