CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

00+ northstar head gasket repair questions

sts03

I think it will only bolt one way, and the mark is to get it right without guessing. If you are off, when you start one bolt, rotate flywheel, insert next bolt, rotate flywheel and that mark doesn't line up. You could spend a while getting that undone and redone til they all line up.

Got the lined up and bolted with tranny, thanks for the advice.how important is the relation with the flywheel to torque converter cause I marked it like the manual says to do but my mark on the flywheel rubbed off ?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it vibrates, you can unbolt it and rotate it 90 degrees and test it again.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'm catching hell trying to get the upper bolt started for the engine mount bracket on the passengers side right by the timing cover.

sts03

I have a question out of curiosity, in the manual it says to mark the relation of the timing chains to sprockets, Is the links on the chains different or something?

sts03

I have a question out of curiosity, in the manual it says to mark the relation of the timing chains to sprockets, Is the links on the chains different or something?

sts03

Re-timing a three-chain, four-cam engine can be an all-day job. The best thing to do is to keep it timed when you take it apart and put it back together.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

As long as you install the slack side of the chain toward the tensioners and have all the marks lined up, there is no reason to mark the chain to the sprockets. I think that comes from replacing a cam with the engine in the vehicle.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I almost got everything back together, I'm trying to figure out where a plug goes to.it Comes off the wiring harness right under the throttle body and it's pretty long and the rubber piece at the bottom of the plug is blue.any ideas where it goes?

sts03

I almost got everything back together, I'm trying to figure out where a plug goes to.it Comes off the wiring harness right under the throttle body and it's pretty long and the rubber piece at the bottom of the plug is blue.any ideas where it goes?

It could be the intake air sensor on the airbox. That's the only long harness in that area but I can't remember if it comes from the throttle body area.

There are three plugs on the throttle body - one of them is the idle air control. They are all very close to each other.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

It actually plugged in down by the steering rack.she is finally running and running smooth.I Want to thank everyone for their help!

sts03

It actually plugged in down by the steering rack.she is finally running and running smooth.I Want to thank everyone for their help!

Thats great news! I really admire you for taking on a task like that.

Excellent. I hope you have many miles of happy motoring.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks and again thanks everyone for helping and I really want to thank Tim Carroll for a lot of over the phone guidance , also probably a couple hundred emails too.

sts03

Archived