CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

It's a Mirage -- a 1976 Cadillac Mirage

** REDUCED - 1976 Mirage - Rare Cadillac Find ** - $19500 (Trophy Club)

00Q0Q_8qONbk4QSGj_600x450.jpg

I thought I had this sold, but it's time to repost it.

1976 Cadillac Mirage Pickup. 500 c.i. w/EFI. Very RARE... I bought it in Las Vegas 20 years ago.

37k miles. Runs like a top. Had it out last night in Grapevine. A showstopper everywhere I go. Needs cosmetic restoration as any 37 year old "barnfind" would.

If you test drive it, you'll buy it. Extremely quick. Beautiful piece of American History. Check out the details at "HISTORY OF THE CADILLAC MIRAGE." You will want to own this Masterpiece once you see it. Drive it home to Anywhere...

Read more: http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/3977156071.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 4 weeks later...

That is so cool. I have only ever seen one and I was blown away, It is like a cadillac of all el caminos. very nice find. Great pics also

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

How many cases of beer will it hold? Can you attach cargo nets so you can haul kegs?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

How many cases of beer will it hold? Can you attach cargo nets so you can haul kegs?

Looks like there are 4 cargo fasteners... 2 on each side.

That should hold the cargo net for the kegs... :)

Posted Image

I think I see an Astro-Roof over the driver and passenger side. The 1976 still had the 500, rated at 190 hp with four-barrel or 215 with DFI, THM 400 tranny, rock solid zero-maintenance drive train. No price listed. I wonder what they mean by "cosmetic restoration?"

Hey, if my CTS-V will fit in the bed, maybe I can drive down and pick it up...

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

I think I see an Astro-Roof over the driver and passenger side. The 1976 still had the 500, rated at 190 hp with four-barrel or 215 with DFI, THM 400 tranny, rock solid zero-maintenance drive train. No price listed. I wonder what they mean by "cosmetic restoration?"

Hey, if my CTS-V will fit in the bed, maybe I can drive down and pick it up...

Price is $18,500...

Posted Image

What are the dimensions of the bed???

What are the dimensions of the bed???

I would say.. by looking at the pictures pretty good... a little over 5 feet wide and a little over 8 feet long...

If you want me to... I will call him and ask him to measure it.

Posted Image

From what you say, it won't hold the CTS without damage, so, I think the issue is dead. :(

Besides, if I got something like that, I would have to move to get a three-car garage with some shop space, buy new drive-up maintenance ramps, and refocus my leisure time in care, maintenance, and enjoyment of my new toy. I'm not really ready to adopt a new family member of that magnitude.

• 5 months later...

The Craiglist listing is gone, but that doesn't mean that it sold. He had one sale fall through and our link was the re-listing. Since it is listed as "cosmetic restoration" the mechanics were probably not fully road-ready and that buyer backed out. Someone who actually read the ad and called ahead probably got that one by now.

Of course, it is fairly likely to still be the same car. How many of those are out there?

• 1 month later...

I have a 1975 Cadillac Mirage I would like to sell. It's low miles (around 50K), has never been wrecked, etc. I had a classic car guy go through it two years ago and replace hoses, drain and replace all the fluids, give it a tune-up, and put a new muffler and exhaust on it. Mechanically, he couldn't find anything else to do to it. The body is straight, everything works except for the driver's side door lock, and It runs great. It desperately needs a new paint job, though, and there are some issues with cracking of the padded upholstery near the top of the door on the driver's side. Other than that, the interior is great--red carpet and white leather seats (in near perfect condition).

This car was my dad's pride and joy. I've held onto it, thinking I might find someone to do a brilliant new paint job on it, and keep it in memory of my dad. But, honestly, it probably should be in the hands of someone who will love it like my did loved it.

If you're interested, contact me and I'll send some pictures.

:welcomesmiley:

:nopicssmiley:

Posting pictures is as easy as putting them on the computer. Open a Photobucket (or ImageShack or other free photo hosting service) and upload the photo there. On Photobucket, once you have an account, click the big Upload tab and a big gray rectangle will open, and you drag a JPEG file from a folder on your computer to that big black square and it uploads the photo to your account (the photo remains on your computer, it just copies it). Then you add a title or whatever to find it later, then double-click on it to open another window on just that photo. On the right are several ways to link to that computer; Direct is good for showing the photo full size in the post. Click in the window it it will change to "Copied!" for a second and the URL is in the clipboard.

To post that photo here, click the little photo mini-icon (green with a square around it, below the smiley face above and a little to the left). and it will ask for a URL. Put the cursor there and press <Ctrl>V to copy the URL out of the clipboard. Click POST and voila, you have a picture, from your cell phone or your camera or whatever, right in your post.

Archived