CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2009 STS-V

Luke

I believe that you have the same transmission that I do. Things are tighter in the Sport mode. If you use the Sport Manual mode, you might keep it in 6th when it would be downshifting, and the TCC might be holding in, but that's the only thing I can think of. It's possible that the TCC is more aggressively holding in when the transmission is in the Sport mode.

If you put the suspension in Sport mode, that will reduce losses in the shock absorbers by reducing wheel travel. That's not a lot of energy but all energy comes from the gas tank, and less energy used is better gas mileage.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 7 years later...

9ish YEAR UPDATE

I still have my 2009 STS-V. When I bought it, I lived In Arlington, TX but moved to Dallas not long after where it lived until August 2021 when I left my 8 year marriage to a very toxic spouse and moved myself and my STS-V (and a few other cars) to Amarillo to start a new, brighter chapter in life!

When I bought my STS-V, it had 38,611 miles. Now, almost 9 years later, it has, at last fill-up, 71,541 miles. In the 32,930 miles that I’ve owned it, it has gone through 2,200 gallons of gas at an average cost of $2.934 per gallon costing a total of $6,454.91 and has averaged 15.07 MPG. Yes, I keep freakishly exact records on all my cars. LOL 

Since I last posted, 8ish years ago, I did the following modifications: Gibson stainless axle back exhaust, Spectre stage 1 and 2 cold air intake, and a tune from Nelson Performance in San Antonio. Other than having been overmaintained, since I’ve owned it, all it has needed as I stated years ago, 1 catalytic converter replaced under the GM emission warranty and an alternator covered by the aftermarket warranty I purchased with it which has now long since expired. It’s been an extremely reliable car. Currently, my knock sensor has gone bad which doesn’t affect drivability but likely does retard the timing. Years ago, somebody purchased the remaining stock of superchargers from GM wholesale. They put them on eBay starting, I think, somewhere around $1000. I watched them for years and finally purchased one for a little under $300. Very soon, I am going to remove the original supercharger, and replace the bad knock sensor and likely anything else under there that I can and install the new supercharger. I have decided not to replace the starter. I have also purchased a 2.55” modular pulley to install on the new supercharger.  There is nothing wrong with the original supercharger but I will do a minor rebuild and save it for the future. 

Cosmetically, the STS-V has held up very well. The Thunder Gray ChromaFlair paint is still shiny and beautiful and was recently ceramic coated. The leather is still soft and supple and I’m in the process of removing each seat, shampooing the carpet around and under each one, and cleaning each seat thoroughly and using Bentley Hide Food on the leather. They still look amazingly new! I have had a few times where the nav screen has blanked out so, I purchased a brand new, still In GM packaging entire navigation radio for $175 to keep on hand for when it dies altogether. 

Currently, in addition to the STS-V, I own: 2018 Subaru Forester, 1995 Jeep Wrangler (both inherited from my parents), 1993 Dodge Dakota, 1992 Seville which I’ve installed STS body panels and bumpers as well as Allante intake on, 1980 Seville Limousine, 1986 Fleetwood 75, and 2017 Jaguar XF 20d (diesel). My name is Luke and I have a problem. LOL 

I’ve done my best through the years to save miles on the STS-V. In the last few years, many Cadillac models have started increasing in value. I would imagine the STS-V will soon, as well. They may have already. Regardless, I am considering taking it on a trip sometime soon.

I’d upload some photos but no idea how to reduce photos takes on an iPhone 12 Pro down to 200 kb. 

23 hours ago, Luke said:

9ish YEAR UPDATE

I’d upload some photos but no idea how to reduce photos takes on an iPhone 12 Pro down to 200 kb. 

You download and install GIMP for free, download or email the photos in the iPhone to the computer, and use GIMP to resize the photos for uploading.

GIMP website:

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

GIMP has versions for Windows, Mac, LInux, and others.  Macs on the new M1 Apple chip is in the works but not available yet.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

• 4 weeks later...

I see no photos.  Save them to disk, make the folder visible above the Browser window with your new message showing, then, do one of these things:

• With the mouse, right-click on the icon for the photo and drag it to the paper clip icon at the lower right of the new message, OR,
  • Click on the underlined "choose files..." which will open a file manager window; then navigate to the photo and click on its icon.

If you need to crop the photo, or "fix" the lightness or color, use GIMP, a free substitute for Photoshop.

Get GIMP here:  https://www.gimp.org/downloads/ for Windows, Mac, or Linux.