CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Carolina road trip 2013

We pulled out of the driveway around 7 am and pointed the STS-V east. 1,180 miles according to the nav door to door from Plano to the in-laws home in South Carolina. I tweeted photos along the way; one can find any caddyinfo tweets in the new tweet gadget in the right sidebar on the main index.

The V performed perfectly as a touring car of course. It loves to cruise at 80+ so I have to hold it back a bit. Mpg ran 21.x at speeds of 70-80 most of the day.

Traffic stopped along I20 in a couple of places and we had rain. We just kept going through it all and arrived safely 18.5 hrs along or so. We'll have a nice visit then head back to Texas.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

We made it back from Carolina in under 18 hours, which is a very good pace for travel with family. Saw some pretty cars on the way back, including a Roush Mustang RS3 (stage 3), an Audi S6, and a rare Mercury Marauder.

This was my next nav screen discovery: If I touch the next turn icon, then select zoom (a magnifying glass), the nav system goes to a view that shows what state you are in, and how far you have traveled since your last stop.

navigationzoom.JPG

A little hard to see, but we were moving from Mississippi into Louisiana on the way to Texas. We had 409 miles left to go -- our last stop was from 482 miles away from destination.

I sent tweets along the way so check the tweet panel to the lower right on the main index if you don't Twitter -- if you do please follow me on twitter as well.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived