CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

a cat and a 'thermostat' oct 2012

My STS-V had been running louder than normal lately, and developed a bit of a rattle.

I am in town for the day today -- I have been in Forest, Mississippi Mon/Tue and on the way to LA for Thurs/Fri. I picked the car up from DFW airport today. The V gave me a 'engine hot A/C off' message, but the water temp was off the scale low. I held my breath, but the oil temp also was steady which suggested a sensor was offline perhaps. Regardless, dropped the car off for Cadillac care at Crest in Plano, picked up a loaner SRX, and went on with my hectic day and prep for the next trip.

Diagnosis was a blown cat (the rattle) and thermostat (which I interpret as a temp sensor not the mechanical thermostat in the coolant system). Should both be warranty repairs, and I'll get the oil changed while there for good measure.

Back Saturday from LA, but STS-V may be Mon/Tue by the time a thermostat arrives etc.

I like the SRX, and regardless the car I drive was going to be parked at the airport the rest of the week, so all good and I appreciate the ready service of just dropping the Cadillac off.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Picked the STS-V up on the way back from the airport today. New manifold + catalytic converter, thermostat, and oil change. Easy in, easy out & covered under the certified pre-owned warranty, except the oil change.

Could not have asked for better timing or service from Crest.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived