CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Miller Motor Sports Pirelli World Challenge 2012

Cadillac finishes 2nd and 4th after a hard-run race. When you win in this series you get extra weight added to your car to give the other teams an advantage. With successes earlier in the season the Cadillac drivers are carrying extra weight that forces them to make hard choices during the race. Good strategy and great driving kept them on the podium.

O’Connell’s runner-up was his fourth podium finish in as many races this season. In Pirelli World Challenge, strong finishes are giving REWARDS weight to equalize the competition – an honor that has been bestowed on the No. 3 Cadillac this season.

“It was a really good race with Patrick,” O’Connell said. “With us carrying all the weight, I figured out pretty early that he was just going to try to wear me down, make me use up my tires and then have his way with me. I actually backed my pace off a little to let him get close. I figured eventually he would take a run at me going into Turn 1. We raced each other super clean, and I think the fans enjoyed that. I was just hoping for traffic that never came. You have to give it to them. They were a little bit stronger today, but shoot, with 144 pounds…we were carrying a lot of weight.

“For me it was very difficult, watching my tires and saving some for the end. Right now, I am driving as strong if not stronger than I ever have in my career. It was really hard for me to sit back and manage everything, but I was very proud that I was able to do that.”

Read More: http://paddocktalk.c...ory-189690.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived