CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

In for Brakes, oil

Dropped the STS-V off at Crest Cadillac in Plano this morning for brake pads & an oil change. In/out in 15 min with a loaner 10 or 11 CTS base model in Crystal Red Tintcoat. Missing the V's keyless features, seat heaters, and 200+ hp more than the 3L/270hp CTS has, but I enjoy driving different cars now and then. Hopefully the V will be ready tomorrow.

The STS-V has Brembo track-quality brakes so I'm happy keep them in stock pads etc.

I also asked Crest to look at the lane departure system, which gives an error now and then, and the steering wheel heat, which has been a no-show.

Terrific car, and as always I prefer my Cadillacs to be under warranty so there is not much agonizing over what to get repaired or not.

The maintenance items, gotta write a check for those, but repairs are on the house.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Picked up my Cadillac STS-V on schedule today and turned in the CTS loaner. All good at Crest for the schedule, pick-up, etc. New brakes front/rear and oil change, and they looked at the heated steering and the lane departure system.

The steering wheel had a short; p/n 25856938 F-wheel for the new heated steering wheel. Now I have heated steering, which is one of my new favorite features.

The new steering wheel feels different from the original steering wheel -- it feels less 'leathery'. I spent some p/n time and it does appear to be the appropriate p/n for the STS-V. Just

that the replacement part is not identical to the original I suppose.

The lane departure needed a new "Vehicle direction alert alarm warning module", p/n 20839068. Today was also the first time I had experienced the lane departure working properly.

This system used a windshield mounted video camera to watch for lines and then beeps and flashes a yellow warning light on the dash if you wander over them. It seems situationally useful.

The p/n actually appears to be the sensor itself -- in other words the 'camera'.

Both covered under warranty, but the steering wheel would have been $568, and the lane departure module $292.

It is #2 in this pic courtesy http://parts.nalleygmc.com one can see where the lane departure warning sensor mounts.

0704256D02-070.JPG

Very good to be back in the V again, and I should say a successfully short trip to the Dealer.

Bruce

• 3 years later...

Dropped the STS-V off Friday morning at Crest Cadillac for Fresh brake pads again @71K miles. Previous set was around 27K so that seems okay. In at 7:15 and they had the Cadillac ready by 1.

I had a choice of loaner cars and selected an Escalade. It did fine as a commuter; although I prefer a smaller vehicle I could see an Escalade as a daily driver, especially if I needed to seat 6 occasionally.

Bruce

Archived