CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

NPR:Cadillac Gears Up To Take On German Automakers

Bruce Nunnally

This year's auto show in Detroit could set the stage for a shake-up in the fiercely competitive — and hugely profitable — luxury car scene. That's because there's a new kid on the block, and its name is Cadillac.

The General Motors company says its new small, high-performance ATS will allow it to compete for the first time with Audi, Mercedes-Benz and BMW. But getting a brand-new luxury car like the ATS ready for market can be a grueling process.

Much as an athlete goes into training before a big race, the new Cadillac ATS went to the toughest racetrack in the world, the Nurburgring in Nurburg, Germany.

Read More: http://www.npr.org/2012/01/11/145034161/cadillac-gears-up-to-take-on-german-automakers

Don't miss the audio link for NPR radio story!

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The only inaccurracy I could find was the description "with speeds sometimes exceeding 150 miles an hour, Nurburgring only allows the industry's best drivers onto its track" (though that was a quote from Chris Berube, lead development engineer for the ATS) it is quite wrong. I believe the track is open (when not leased by a manufacturer) to anyone for a nomimal fee (to take laps and I'm sure there are a few safety checks) but a regular 'joe' can take laps there with his/her car/motorcycle.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived