CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

366 days until we the people speak with votes

How much more damage can this administration do before being evicted from casa blanca? Far too much.

And flushing the White House clean is not enough. It's also necessary to change the balance of power in the US Senate by firing the "borrow - spend - tax" Democrat sheep who meekly fall in line behind the only man in America who does not know how to add and subtract.

Get ready to speak up, America. Take control of your family's future.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditto Ditto Ditto

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Sadly, Republicans are only marginally better than Democrats. As our economy races towards the cliff at breakneck speeds, the best we can hope for is a Republican who will observe the speed limit... right up to the edge (and beyond).

The money-laundering scoundrels in Congress will not sacrifice their careers to take the extraordinarily painful steps necessary to restore economic sense here. They will act only when a true crisis is upon us. Will they act in time? My confidence factor is decidedly low. Maybe a Greek tragedy will open their eyes. Maybe not.

Slaughter_House.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• 4 weeks later...

How much more damage can this administration do before being evicted from casa blanca? Far too much.

And flushing the White House clean is not enough. It's also necessary to change the balance of power in the US Senate by firing the "borrow - spend - tax" Democrat sheep who meekly fall in line behind the only man in America who does not know how to add and subtract.

Get ready to speak up, America. Take control of your family's future.

What have we learned in 2,066 years?

******* "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,

******* public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be

******* tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should

******* be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to

******* work, instead of living on public assistance."

************************************************** ************ -* Cicero*** 55 BC

****** *Evidently nothing.....

"There only two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers."

- Kurt Vonnegut

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Next years vote will be extremely easy.

Incumbent

Challenger X

Obama_Empty_Suit.jpg

(With apologies to the artist for having changed the date on Obama's campaign button.)

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Next year will be another opportunity to visit the history of the late 1970's and the 1980 electoral revolt.

This sitting President is accomplishing little more than making Jimmy Carter look like a genius. Some of you probabaly remember the inflation and interest rates that we suffered under Carter.

Send Obama back to Illinois!

Don't get me started on the "character assassination" that is coming from somewhere aimed at a credible candidate.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

This sitting President is accomplishing little more than making Jimmy Carter look like a genius. Some of you probabaly remember the inflation and interest rates that we suffered under Carter.

That's why Carter likes the incumbent - the incumbent makes Carter look somewhat competent and has taken the title of "The worst President in History" away from Carter.

Search "Jimmy Obama" on youtube.com. The similarities are scary...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Next year will be another opportunity to visit the history of the late 1970's and the 1980 electoral revolt.

Send Obama back to Illinois!

Don't get me started on the "character assassination" that is coming from somewhere aimed at a credible candidate.

We don't want him back!

We don't want him back!

I get it. Rahm Emanuel is more stress than any one-city state deserves.

But think of all the tourism dollars that would flow to Springfield when they have another

presidential library.

:)

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I know I'm getting very discouraged again this cycle. Last time my guy dropped out and it looks as though my guy is getting ready to drop out today. :-( But on the bright side, anybody would be better than the current occupant.

Everybody who gets into the top three in the polls for either party is going to get withering attacks from all sides. Colin Powell, who, like Cain, had a wife who abhorred public life, simply decided not to be a candidate. Cain was attacked in such a way as to humiliate his private and sensitive wife by four public attacks in quick succession - three of which, according to a recent Ann Coulter column, have been linked to David Axelrod and none of which have any credibility whatsoever. I've seen something very similar here in NJ at the township level.

The Republicans have a similar capability that was exercised in 1992 with temporary success to blackmail Ross Perot out of running as a third party candidate because that would throw the election to Clinton, which Perot himself brought out in the final debate, to which Bush had no reply. As we all remember, he came back into the race when his gay daughter reconciled herself to the situation and did, indeed, throw the election to Clinton - in contrast with his prior economic and political agenda, possibly because the blackmail situaiton convinced him that Clinton was the better alternative. We saw it again in the build-up of the Monica Lewinsky scandal, culminating in the posting of vast quantities of salacious text documents on the WWW. That capability is almost certainly still there, although very possibly dormant, like the Soviet nuclear arsenal.

Bottom line: If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The time to clean house and get square with the family is before you announce, not after the backroom political hacks have found a way to blow you out of the water because you are unprepared. The prior washing, albeit public, of all dirty laundry accounts for the Teflon-like durability of Newt Gingrich, I believe.

Another problem is that this kind of thing prevents some of our best people, like Powell, from running for President. You may remember the 1988 debates where Lloyd Benson as VP candidate blew Quayle out of the water, permanently, with his "you're no Jack Kennedy" retort. It's obvious that Benson would have made a lot better President than Clinton (ever read "Primary Colors?") but he was persuaded to run as VP only because he was the best hope to make a winning ticket - and when they didn't need as strong a ticket in 1992 we ended up with Al Gore. Colin Powell is another example of a good man who thought his best contributions were elsewhere. They are legion.

We have a system that almost guarantees that we will not have our best foot forward with our President. There are exception, like Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy (a great string), Reagan, and George W Bush. But the future is bleak. Congress pretty much ran the country between the Andrew Johnson impeachment in 1867, which weakened the Presidency as a branch of Government, and Teddy Roosvelt's firm re-grasp of the reins in 1901. This can be repeated, and many thought that the Nixon impeachment of 1974 would again result in a weak Executive Branch for a generation or two. If we continue with our current system of intimidating our best candidates from running, this becomes more likely to happen again. And, remember, no branch ranks lower on public polls of approval and direction than Congress.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Ben Stein, often wrong but never in doubt, offered a frightening (and confident) prediction last night.

(29 seconds)

th_BenStein.jpg

Posted Image

Ben Stein is right about his assessment of Obama, his backing, and his campaign financing, and all of us who follow the news and have been following it for the last five years or so know all that. His conclusion that his oratory, the votes in his existing base, and all the money in the world necessarily follow that he is not beatable by anyone currently on the horizon is, however, speculation. Remember, Cavuto is a commentator, and as such his show is "show business" and not a news program, and Ben Stein is now a comedian and showman, whatever his previous background and achievements and however well he keeps up with the financial and political fields. But, he is speaking the conventional wisdom - which has proven an oxymoron many times.

An unspoken part of the basis for Ben Stein's conclusion is the fact that every leading Republican opponent has been savaged by the media with great success with nearly all of them, but Gingrich and Romney seem to have been damaged but not destroyed (at least, in this case, Gingrich has not *yet* been destroyed this time). How much all this matters a year from now is problematical.

In the final analysis, I think it all will come down to two things: the economy next September through November - the reality, not the stats in the press - and the debates, in that order. The 1992 and 2008 elections showed that when the economy is bad, there is no other real issue. Since the 1960 election, a Presidential Candidate that won all the debates has never lost. We don't need a caveat crossing over these conditions because the economy cost McCain one or two of the debates; perhaps someone who saw the Bush-Clinton debates can help me there, too.

At this point, I don't think anyone can really call the 2012 Presidential Election. By September, perhaps.

There have been examples of far better financed people being beaten in elections in the recent past, including incumbents, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to present solid examples. And I have other things to do tonight. Perhaps the amazing House primary in a liberal NY State district last year? Anyone with examples? Both parties!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand what you republicans are whining about the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer isn't that what you want?Mike

No kidding.. doesn't that just really suck? I like the current administrations plan to make EVERYBODY poor. Spread the wealth, but only spread the debt on some.

Nobody seems to look at how and why the spread between the rich and poor is increasing.

The rich are those with a high school education or better and who are steadily employed. The poor are, generally, the unemployed and unemployable - the welfare class, which is the major base of... well, you know, OWS and... uh, perhaps those people are growing in numbers because we are encouraging an "entitlement class" of those who get Government checks and don't work.

From the news, even just the MSM, I don't see any other forces at work that are separating incomes among demographics. I do see the ongoing CAP talking point of blaming it on the Republicans, somehow, but with no visible linkage.

But, I digress. There is nothing about Cadillac that contributes to this, other than encouraging early, lucrative retirement by UAW members and thus driving up cost of productivity by paying people not to work. And, I ask you, if it's not about Cadillac or Cadillacs, and it's not all in good humor, why are we allowing it on our Forum? Most focused topic Forums don't allow discussion of politics. I don't think we should, either. Nothing good ever comes of it

I hope everyone here had a Merry Christmas and I wish everyone all the best for the coming New Year.

Jim, I mostly agree with you. But the OWS crowd are not the usual unemployed welfare crowd. They are the spoiled rotten kids that have grown up expecting government to take of their every need rather than having to think and work for themselves (since mommy and daddy are gone).

As for the political discussion, I have no problem banning but it does look like it is allowed in this forum if it doesn't get nasty.

The OWS people are not the same crowd, mostly, as the high-school dropouts or the young neer-do-wells. From the many videos and interviews that I have seen in the media, they seem to be a melange of old-fashioned hippies, liberal arts students or graduates with no employment prospects, otherwise normal Gen Y young people firmly set in the belief that the Government should send them a check for college tuition and books or some such, and others. But the actual demographics aren't available because most of them simply responded to Twitter and other "calls to action" and no one actually went out and did any sort of sampling or census. And, others went in and attempted, with mixed success, to co-opt the OWS crowds. So we will never have an accurate idea of the demographics of the OWS people.

Whether they do fit in with my general category of the unemployable, I wouldn't hire any one of those that I have seen interviewed on TV or YouTube. But, my staffing experience has been with professional people, with professional degrees, and most of them with previous experience in professional work. So, others may disagree with me there.

I dont know about placing people in groups it seems a bad idea like judging people at first sight the net you throw might catch the wrong fish. I think most people think the generation after them has problems, lazy,selfish,etc. one thing you cant do is beat or legislate their imperfections out of them its probably not constructive to blame the president or the parents of the imperfects for their being.

I do think that if jobs were offered to the imperfects the vast majority would accept them sure there are some that would turn down a job offer but who hasn't.

Its a fact that blue collar jobs have gone to china and succumbed to automation but now its the white collar jobs going to India and the computer. Middle management is also so feeling the job market tightening.

Companies are sitting on 2 trillion in cash the the middle class has not had a meaningful raise in 20 years the number of people living in poverty has grown, and the available money is flowing to the top. money is being drawn out of the economy just like in the great depression.

In conclusion: we have a guy trying to fix the problem, of course he wont be able too for the system wont let him, it will just have to run its coarse its the way of human life. Try not to hate your President of the United States to much he has been handed a large plate and after all he does represent to the rest of the world the best in all of us.Mike

The problem with the idea that if a job were offered, is getting the offer. I have the feeling that the guy in charge is part of the crowd who put up the Twitters to exploit that demographic.

I don't understand what you republicans are whining about the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer isn't that what you want?Mike

No kidding.. doesn't that just really suck? I like the current administrations plan to make EVERYBODY poor. Spread the wealth, but only spread the debt on some.

So you think that making everyone poor is ok? You think its OK to overburden the individual who studies to get A's and 4.0's in school, who works long hours, who goes to grad school to become the top in his industry by the losers who don't work hard?, who fail, who are lazy? So I guess you are the type who wouldn't mind being the best athelete in the school but he can only play 20 minutes out of 40 so all of the less motivated and less talented can play, where winning is not stressed and its about participation? You like it where winning and success is NOT stressed? Where is the motivation to succeed, if I am a superstar and I must sit to allow the less talented who dont show for practice and dont work as hard as me to play? Does it surprised you to hear Obama saying our best days are behind us? Does it surprise you to hear Michelle Obama say Don't go into corporate american? http://www.nationalr...rica/byron-york

I think this statement by Michelle Obama is ridiculous

Nevertheless, Mrs. Obama urged them to foreswear lucrative professions like corporate law or hedge fund management and go into the helping industry, even if the sacrifice is great

They think that our economy is ONE PIE, and they want a piece of the pie instead of GROWING the pie.

You think its OK for a President to tell people NOT to go to Las Vegas? You think its ok for the President to choose winners and losers? To demonize industries and classes of people?

http://www.telegraph...-Las-Vegas.html

Our economy needs to be FIXED, NOT redistributed. Personally, it irks me that 50 percent of the people in this country DON'T pay taxes and they STILL get to VOTE!!!!!!, and polititians PANDER to them with perks and the productive in this country are demonized. If you don't pay taxes you should NOT be able to vote as you are UNABLE to be objective in your vote, then any polititian who promises the MOST to the POOR will win, like giving REBATE CHECKS, etc, demonizing the RICH, etc, then the poor and unproductive have NO motivation to become productive. Also to collect a welfare check or an unemployment check, you should be required to pass a drug test, fail it and you dont get paid.

We are ALL Americans, and we ALL need to pull out own weight, not just SOME of us. There used to be a statement, "We are all equal at birth, from then one its every man for themselves". It is DYSFUNCTIONAL to want the PRODUCTIVE to pull up the LAZY, LOSERS of SOCIETY on an increasing basis. We are the sum total of our lifes decisions. And don't for a moment think that I don't have empathy for poor people, or help them, but many of the problems of the poor is brought on by themselves and government handouts. If you screwed around in high school and did not work hard, you REAP the consequences of that choice!!!!

Why is NO ONE discussing how to fix the employment problem in this country and why so many jobs have left the country and why ALL of our manufacturing left the country.

Read up on why CHINA is eating our manufacturing LUNCH

http://forums.indust...hread.php?p=438

Lets not forget that the housing, finance and credit collapse that we are suffering through right now was caused by the GOVERNMENT. But we have a PRESIDENT who wants to demonize the banks and WALL STREET, when they LIT THE FIRE!!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ivmL-lXNy64

Furthermore, interest rates in this country were FAR TOO LOW for TOO LONG, from about 1994 through about 2007 when we imploded. RISK and too much EASY MONEY dictated that RATES NEEDED TO INCREASE gradually but I believe the FED did not want to kill the golden goose.

Government IS the PROBLEM.

I see some calls for NO POLITICAL discussion on this forum and I can understand that sentiment ala, don't discuss Politics or Religion in public. We have a VERY serious election coming up in 2012, its VERY hard NOT to be passionate about it and for it to seep into these pages. This discussion is in the 19th HOLE where anything can be discussed. But I want to say, lets keep our discussions non combatative and supported with facts.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived