CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

replaced factory radio with bose radio but no sound

David M

hello everyone im still working on my 99 eldorado and recently decided to put a Bose radio with a CD player in it , well I got it and took it to the Cadillac dealer and they unlocked it for me and everything seems to be working but the audio , there is no audio sound coming from the speakers ,now I did not change the speakers the are the delco speakers that came with the car which are not Bose speakers I know the Bose speakers have built in amps that are attached directly to the speakers Im thinking that all I need to do is replace my speakers with a set of the Bose speakers and it should work is this true . IM hoping Bose was smart enough to use the same wiring harness that would convert the normal speaker wires into a power wire for the amps that run the speakers in the Bose set up any advise you guys have would greatly be appreciated if any one want to send me an email that would great my email is alexthegreatm62@hotmail.com and thanks in advance Regards David

• 2 months later...

hello everyone im still working on my 99 eldorado and recently decided to put a Bose radio with a CD player in it , well I got it and took it to the Cadillac dealer and they unlocked it for me and everything seems to be working but the audio , there is no audio sound coming from the speakers ,now I did not change the speakers the are the delco speakers that came with the car which are not Bose speakers I know the Bose speakers have built in amps that are attached directly to the speakers Im thinking that all I need to do is replace my speakers with a set of the Bose speakers and it should work is this true . IM hoping Bose was smart enough to use the same wiring harness that would convert the normal speaker wires into a power wire for the amps that run the speakers in the Bose set up any advise you guys have would greatly be appreciated if any one want to send me an email that would great my email is alexthegreatm62@hotmail.com and thanks in advance Regards David

I will touch on this in the mornimg. there is alot to it. I wanted to do the same to my 96 and I could not do it

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

ok sorry, It is not worth the hassle to ttry to add the bose setup to a non bose.

I tried last year on my 96 Deville and did not succeed. There is an amp in the trunk, and the wires are not meant to be cut and spliced. There are amps in each door at the BOSE speakers, there are 4 wires aat each speaker also, there is an extra speaker in the dash.

The radio has 4 extra wires, also pinouts are slightly different.

I suppose the easiest way to get bose is to find a complete donor car that is the same year and model and swap complete harnesses.

There is alot to it.

My 96 ETC had bose and I loved it, so I wanted to make my 96 Deville have it and I ended up buying a seville with BOSE instead lol

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived