CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Getting code pc0141 service emmisions system

deville92

I am getting the code pc0141 on my 1996 deville. I wanted to know what o2 sensor I will need?

P0141 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

Here is the O2 Sensor Location Key:

Bank 1 Sensor 1 - right bank (rear) manifold

Bank 1 Sensor 2 - pre-cat

Bank 1 Sensor 3 - aft-cat

Bank 2 Sensor 1 - left bank (front) manifold

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

IF PC0141 translates directly to P0141, you are looking at the bank 1 sensor 2 position which is located directly in front of the catalytic converter.

The reason for the IF is the transition from OBD to OBDII codes that was mandated effective 1/1/1996. I'll bet the "build date" on your driver's door sticker shows a date in 1995.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

C0141 Left TCS Solenoid #1 Circuit Malfunction

P0141 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2

I don't have an OBD I code ending in 141. I think that "PC" is short for "PCM." My money is on the HO2 sensor at the front of the cat.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I don't have an OBD I code ending in 141. I think that "PC" is short for "PCM." My money is on the HO2 sensor at the front of the cat.

well the benefit on this one If I have it right is only one of those 2 codes would throw the service emissions system warning, Am I right on this?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

well the benefit on this one If I have it right is only one of those 2 codes would throw the service emissions system warning, Am I right on this?

Its a pcm code that I am getting

If the "Service Engine Soon" light is on, it's P0141. If the "Traction Control" or "ABS" light -- or both -- are on, it's C0141. But, deville1996 already knows it's P0141.

The oxygen sensors on the cat are relatively easy to change. You can put the car on a rack and get at them from under the car.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived