CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 CTS problem... need advice

I have a problem with my CTS stalling after it's been driven for about 10-15 minutes. It seems like after the engine gets hot that it will stall out mid drive just after i take my foot off of the accelerator. sometimes i cannot start it again right after but if i wait 15 minutes or so it will start right up again but then stall out again after another 10-15 minutes of driving. I've cleaned out the throttle body and am not sure where else to look. if you know anything that would help it's appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with my CTS stalling after it's been driven for about 10-15 minutes. It seems like after the engine gets hot that it will stall out mid drive just after i take my foot off of the accelerator. sometimes i cannot start it again right after but if i wait 15 minutes or so it will start right up again but then stall out again after another 10-15 minutes of driving. I've cleaned out the throttle body and am not sure where else to look. if you know anything that would help it's appreciated.

Let me know if you get the answer. My 2003 just done the same thing. It died at a traffic light. It then turns over like it wants to start but just won't. Leave it fifteen minutes and it starts immediately. It seems like there is something between the tansmission and the engine because I can drive it around a lot with no problem but don't go any distance where the transmission has to shift up and then down or you're stalled the first time you have to slow or stop.

Sounds to me like a TW sensor. It senses the temperature of the coolant and adjusts the fuel mixture accordingly. Your sensor may be sending a reading out of range causing the car to stall and not start. You need to get the value of the sensor in different temperatures of water, then test the sendor's resistance. Unfortunately, I can't provide any further details. - also this is my suspicion.

Archived