CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey everyone how are you doing I have a 1993 cadillac Deville with a vinyl top that is in horrible shape since I bought it and is just getting worst I was just wondering how do I take it off i see no screw to take it off like my 88 deville had on the vinyl top is this one just glued on and gotta pry it off or what? thanks for your help and one more quick question my steering wheel is ripping where it has the caddy emblem i like the steering wheel from like a 97 seville is there any way i can put that steering wheel on? again thanks for your help!

If it is a factory top, it will be fastened with adheshive. The problem with removing the vinyl and staying with the painted top is the fasteners for the reveal molding on the sail panel (c-pillar). If it were my car, I'd look into having the topo replaced by a duto trim shop.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If it is a factory top, it will be fastened with adheshive. The problem with removing the vinyl and staying with the painted top is the fasteners for the reveal molding on the sail panel (c-pillar). If it were my car, I'd look into having the topo replaced by a duto trim shop.

I wonder how much that would be? If not I was gonna take it off and have the whole car painted later on and just leave the top or find a top at a junkyard thats in really good shape I don't know what to do

I wonder how much that would be? If not I was gonna take it off and have the whole car painted later on and just leave the top or find a top at a junkyard thats in really good shape I don't know what to do

It would be a lot cheaper to have the top replaced than to take it off, fix all of the mounting points for the trim and then have it repainted.

I would just take it to a good shop and have a new top put on it.

(after shopping around for prices...of course)

Posted Image

It would be a lot cheaper to have the top replaced than to take it off, fix all of the mounting points for the trim and then have it repainted.

ok im gonna try and do that thanks texas jim

I would just take it to a good shop and have a new top put on it.

(after shopping around for prices...of course)

my 96 Devilles landau top makes my car look terrible. It is a great looking car with the limousine package but my top is all cracked up bad. I dont know of anyone in upstate NY to replace the top

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 2 years later...

I was wondering if any 1998 Cadillac Deville owners in Essex county New Jersey area that can suggest Gas station brand names have good plug gas and or good High test gas? I have 1998 Deville and had recent gasoline related problems for awhile and I was going to one gas station Delta , My mechanic said fumes from exhaust were very strong and should look into get good quality gas , perhaps from a station where lots commuters buying gas , so its moves etc, So was wondering any suggestions on Gas stations that have decent plus an or high test gas in my Essex county NJ?

I was wondering if any 1998 Cadillac Deville owners in Essex county New Jersey area that can suggest Gas station brand names have good plug gas and or good High test gas? I have 1998 Deville and had recent gasoline related problems for awhile and I was going to one gas station Delta , My mechanic said fumes from exhaust were very strong and should look into get good quality gas , perhaps from a station where lots commuters buying gas , so its moves etc, So was wondering any suggestions on Gas stations that have decent plus an or high test gas in my Essex county NJ?

These two posts should be moved to a new thread, this has nothing to do with the original thread

Have you checked for codes? Is the check engine light lit? Fumes from the exhaust indicates a rich mixture, possibly from a bad FPR, injector, etc.

How is the driveability? Does it miss, stall, hard start, how is the fuel consumption?, etc

Look up tier one fuel, buy fuel from a major distributor, Sunoco, Hess, ARCO, Mobil, etc located on a major road. No name fuels like Delta, are a no no. You can even run your Deville on regular.

Give us some more info

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Smell of gas under the hood? FPR!

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived