CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello all, My 1996 Deville has a Quote un quote Limousine package consisting of A full vinyl landau top with the accent lights on the back doors that are controlled with the parking lights.

So anyway the top is not in the best of shape and is cracking alot. Is there anything I can possibly do to repair the Top. I wish I could post some pics.

Thanks in advance for the help

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I don't know anything about "REPAIRING" it but...I have had several Caddy's in the past with vinyl roofs.

The best thing I ever found for the vinyl was Jonson and Johnson BABY OIL.

Clean the top well.. then put a little bit of oil in your palm...take your time and rub it into the vinyl top.

It will take a while...just don't get in a hurry.

I had a 1980 Sedan de Ville that I kept till 2001.

It always set outside in the weather.

21 years and the top was still just as good as new...did not have ONE CRACK in it.

Same thing with my 84 Fleetwood Brougham... top was in perfect condition.

Posted Image

I don't know anything about "REPAIRING" it but...I have had several Caddy's in the past with vinyl roofs.

The best thing I ever found for the vinyl was Jonson and Johnson BABY OIL.

Clean the top well.. then put a little bit of oil in your palm...take your time and rub it into the vinyl top.

It will take a while...just don't get in a hurry.

I had a 1980 Sedan de Ville that I kept till 2001.

It always set outside in the weather.

21 years and the top was still just as good as new...did not have ONE CRACK in it.

Same thing with my 84 Fleetwood Brougham... top was in perfect condition.

Excellent, I will try that. See mine was not maintained well and is cracking in spots, If it rains for awhile you can see where some spots like bubble up, EEK. I would be more worried about rust starting on the roof. I love the top though because it is embroidered with cadillac emblems, and surrounded with nice chrome trim. Did I ention I love Cadillacs.

I had a 1985 Coupe Deville a while back that was white with a red vinyl top but I really think that the top on that one only came tothe back of the doors, I was in excellent shape but it also seemed like better quality

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived