CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Arlington happy to be busy making Escalades

There were a lot of smiling faces on the assembly line at the General Motors truck assembly plant in Arlington last week as workers anticipated Friday, the beginning of a four-day holiday weekend.

Time off has been a rare treat for Arlington plant workers recently, thanks to strong sales of the large sport utility vehicles they build.

After being shut down for 12 weeks last year because of slow sales and GM's bankruptcy, the plant has been operating at full capacity and then some to meet demand for Chevy Tahoes and Suburbans, GMC Yukons and Cadillac Escalades

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/05/29/2225493/arlington-gm-workers-are-happy.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce,

That's where my 2005 was built and I have to say they did a GREAT job! I hope the quality and high production continues. I view my Escalade as THE BEST of the 40 some-odd vehicles I have owned over the last 40 years. It has never let me down in the just about 6 years and 70,000 miles of ownership, and is a joy to drive. Once in a while my wife will get up early to do some errands, and when I look in the garage, I see the Escalade has been commandeered to do a Costco run. Not that the stuff she is buying won't fit in her 2010 Buick Lacross, but it's an excuse to "sit up high"! Who says women don't have "machismo??

Regard,

twocoltbob

Archived