CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

RKE module location

rockfangd

Does anyone happen to know the exact location of the Keyless entry unit on the 1996-1997 Cadillac Deville.

Thanks in advance.

I also might add that I know where it is on the 95 and prior but 96 and up is different

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Is this RKE module installed from the factory on every STS? I dont how it works but i see that you can buy RKE remote for about 12 USD on ebay!

If i would like to have a keyless entry on my STS, is only to buy a remote and programmed in?

Can anyone clear this topic out for me!

Roger

Roger Martinsen

I believe it is.

module

check if you have the module behind your seat, or see if you can get to the programming of the RKE FOB. the module is a black plastic box that is about 1.5 inches thick, 5inches wide & 5 inches long.

I would think if it's not installed, the car would not let you program it. up till '96 it was trunk,doors,gas door. after '96 the gas door was replaced with a horn.

I believe it is.

module

check if you have the module behind your seat, or see if you can get to the programming of the RKE FOB. the module is a black plastic box that is about 1.5 inches thick, 5inches wide & 5 inches long.

I would think if it's not installed, the car would not let you program it. up till '96 it was trunk,doors,gas door. after '96 the gas door was replaced with a horn.

Well I have RKE but I have found 2 cars at my local yard that have the RPO for the theft system, I am looking to add the security feature but am not sure how to go about doing it.

When i get inside my trunk i can hear the clicking coming from a black box on the passenger side upper of the back seat when i hit any button on ,my FOB. So i am not sure if that is supposed to be the RKE module or not.

This is bugging me :mellow: My best friend has the same car but his has it and I cant figure out how to get it on mine.

GM FAN FOREVER

I think to gain access to this module i will go in from the trunk...im not sure but i dont think theres anything if i pull the backseat, just go in from the trunk will do it!

I will check for this RKE module next time i clean my car! If its not there...can i buy a used one from Ebay and put it in the car? And then program the key fob to it?

Roger

Roger Martinsen

I believe it is.

module

On my 95, it's trunk, doors, and interior lights. I wish that it was gas door.

I think to gain access to this module i will go in from the trunk...im not sure but i dont think theres anything if i pull the backseat, just go in from the trunk will do it!

I will check for this RKE module next time i clean my car! If its not there...can i buy a used one from Ebay and put it in the car? And then program the key fob to it?

Roger

You need to pull the rear seat back to access the modules.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I believe it is.

module

Well I have RKE but I have found 2 cars at my local yard that have the RPO for the theft system, I am looking to add the security feature but am not sure how to go about doing it.

When i get inside my trunk i can hear the clicking coming from a black box on the passenger side upper of the back seat when i hit any button on ,my FOB. So i am not sure if that is supposed to be the RKE module or not.

This is bugging me :mellow: My best friend has the same car but his has it and I cant figure out how to get it on mine.

From what I read in the Factory Service manual, it looked like all the wireing & modules are already installed on the cars. All that neded to be done was to turn the option on at the DIC. I never did it because I was afraid of looping my cars computer.

I believe it is.

module

From what I read in the Factory Service manual, it looked like all the wireing & modules are already installed on the cars. All that neded to be done was to turn the option on at the DIC. I never did it because I was afraid of looping my cars computer.

Even on export models? Mine were exported to Germany in 1995,not sure if it has been imported from USA by the buyer in Germany directly or from GM! I read somewhere that the RKE function was not on export models...not sure here! :wacko:

Roger Martinsen

darn I am having one hell of a time trying to find any info on this. I have heard a bunch of different things lol

GM FAN FOREVER

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled out the trunk carpet and found these modules...Control door lock module p/n 16215399 and one module p/n 16215659!

There were no antenna on any of those..

Are the door lock module p/n 16215399 also RKE module? See pics!

Anyone knows?

Roger Martinsen

If a 1995 back had it it would be accessable from the trunk by pulling the carpet that is behind the back seat. The module is at the bottom left of the panel, and has a blue plug. It is about 5x5x1.

1996 to 1997 is different.

Below is a picture of the module for 1994 to 1995. 1996 to 1997 is different

post-12985-12655102152_thumb.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

Yes, it is behind the trunk carpet on 95! On my export 95 its the module p/n 16215399 without the remote function, but on your US models it the same module but with p/n 16223632 with the remote function!

I checked on Ebay and found one US module p/n 16193106=16223632 with the remote function that i bought!

Just to replace my module with this new one and hopefully it will work!

I will post an update when i get it installed!

Roger Martinsen

• 4 weeks later...

Attached an antenna cable to the module today, pulled the cable up behind the backseat to the upper side of the left rear door! Put it in behind the roof panel so only the small end of the antenna are noticeable! Now it works great...can lock/unlock from 20 feet!!

Roger Martinsen

Roger;

It appears that you had two different threads regarding your RKE. I sent my suggestion to the other thread.

Below, I requested that you try your remote with and without the antenna.

Glad to hear that you finaly got it working properly.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Are you sure the antenna is making a good contact and working properly.

Try your remote with and then without the antenna to see if there's a difference.

As for the TDM, you may as well plug it in and try it, asuming the loose connector in the trunk connector fits properly.

I only wish adding the security feature to my 96 deville was as easy as pluggig in a module :( I so badly want to figure mine out

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived