CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Can someone give me a few good ideas on how to remove debris from the wood without damaging it??

Thank you

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Debris?

Yes a few pieces of stuck debris

Nobody has any tips on this?

I also would like to upgrade to a better steering wheel with wood trim if possible, if anyone knows of any direct replacements

GM FAN FOREVER

There is a process in the shop manual for lightly polishing the wood on a steering wheel to remove scratches. Can you describe the 'stuck debris' please? I am not sure I understand what is wrong with your current steering wheel.

The best way to get a wood wheel is to research to see if there was a wood trimmed steering wheel available for your year and model, then grab one on ebay or from a recycle (junk) yard and swap to that. Normally this involves pulling the fuse(s) for the air bag and a steering wheel puller tool, which in some cases you can check out from a local auto parts shop.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

There is a process in the shop manual for lightly polishing the wood on a steering wheel to remove scratches. Can you describe the 'stuck debris' please? I am not sure I understand what is wrong with your current steering wheel.

The best way to get a wood wheel is to research to see if there was a wood trimmed steering wheel available for your year and model, then grab one on ebay or from a recycle (junk) yard and swap to that. Normally this involves pulling the fuse(s) for the air bag and a steering wheel puller tool, which in some cases you can check out from a local auto parts shop.

Ok the debris looks kind of like a drink may have splashed in a few spots on the wood, and I would like to know what years were compatible with the 96 that did get the wheel with the trim. My wheel is kind of worn and discolored

GM FAN FOREVER

I just polished the zebrano trim on my 2003 STS using Meguires Scratch X.

I'm pleased with the results, and I like the protective coating which doesn't leave any greasy film or residue.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I just polished the zebrano trim on my 2003 STS using Meguires Scratch X.

I'm pleased with the results, and I like the protective coating which doesn't leave any greasy film or residue.

Thank you very much. I will definately try that and post my results.

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived