CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Starting Disabled Due to Theft System

Still it's better to be safe than sorry.

That's what I'm thinking. It needs replaced so I might as well do it.

On a different note. I was thinking about getting my PCM flashed to have the passkey portion removed. It's just a thought at this point and I was hoping to get another point of view on it. Thanks for any thoughts.

I wonder if your open TPS code could be caused by a dirty throttle body or throttle body plate. Any one else have any thoughts on this idea? I was just thinking it might make sense to try cleaning it (if it hasn't been done already) to see if that helps before replacing the TPS.

I'm standing down on the PCM / theft system ordeal as I don't know much about it.

big4870885.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if your open TPS code could be caused by a dirty throttle body or throttle body plate. Any one else have any thoughts on this idea? I was just thinking it might make sense to try cleaning it (if it hasn't been done already) to see if that helps before replacing the TPS.

I'm standing down on the PCM / theft system ordeal as I don't know much about it.

It could be dirty. I've never cleaned it so that's a possibility. I'll check that out before I get a new TPS.

As far as the theft system problem I haven't made any progress yet. I wish I could stand down on the issue myself but I don't think that's gonna happen soon.

Anyways,

Thanks for the help

• 1 month later...

It could be dirty. I've never cleaned it so that's a possibility. I'll check that out before I get a new TPS.

As far as the theft system problem I haven't made any progress yet. I wish I could stand down on the issue myself but I don't think that's gonna happen soon.

Anyways,

Thanks for the help

Have you solved this mystery yet with the lack of starting?

I finally figured the problem out on my car. It was the passkey module. I made a bypass module from information found from google searches but I left the starter enable circuit connected so the car won't start without the correct key. I know you can just ground the starter enable wire to make it work but I still wanted a little security. It's strange though. I thought the passkey output was supposed to be 30Hz and passkey 2 was supposed to be 50Hz. I had to set my bypass module for 50Hz to make it work. Anyways, thanks for all the help and I'm sure I'll be back in the future for any help I need. Thanks again.

I finally figured the problem out on my car. It was the passkey module. I made a bypass module from information found from google searches but I left the starter enable circuit connected so the car won't start without the correct key. I know you can just ground the starter enable wire to make it work but I still wanted a little security. It's strange though. I thought the passkey output was supposed to be 30Hz and passkey 2 was supposed to be 50Hz. I had to set my bypass module for 50Hz to make it work. Anyways, thanks for all the help and I'm sure I'll be back in the future for any help I need. Thanks again.

Thank you for the update. Good to know you fixed it!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived