CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ABS Traction Control, and Brakes

There is diagnostic information stored in the various system modules that will point you in the right direction. Here is how to display that information;

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Display your Diagnostic Trouble Codes and make a note of the "C" codes in this situation. Report them here and somone will provide more information.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

C1214 is your key.

In the underhood fuse box, locate the 30A fuse labeled ABS SOL. Replace the fuse if it is failed. Be sure to cycle the key ON and OFF once and check the fuse immediately in case the new fuse has failed.

At the very least I would remove and insert the fuse a few times to wipe any oxidation/corrosion from the blades.

If the fuse is not the problem, I would move on to the connector on the EBTCM buried in the LF corner of the engine cradle. Has there been any recent front end collision damage repairs?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

JimD i checked the fuse box and found a abs 50a fuse. Is their another place where i can check for fuses, also took the car to the mechanic and ask him if he knew about this problem and he said it could be a relay. Help please, taking car to mechanic this weekend.

Mea culpa.

I was looking at the schematic for a different model year.

You are correct, the ABS fuse in the underhood box is 50A and your model does not use a ABS SOL fuse. I hope you did the oxide/corrosion removal. There are other involved fuses located in the box under the rear seat cushion, but if those fuses were open, you would be having many other problems.

Do it yourself, or have someone check the chassis wire harness and connector on the EBTCM in the LF bottom corner of the engine cradle. There will be two black wires snaking out of that harness and they both connect to a chassis bolt for chassis ground. That ground should be clean, bright, corrosion free, and tight.

Your mechanic is correct; there is a relay in the circuit. But the relay is internal to the EBTCM and not considered serviceable.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived