CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Traffic Nav impression

Edmunds has a quick real-time traffic impression for this feature in the CTS:

As you can see in the photo, it alerts you to which roads are clogged (red dots) and which are moving (green dots). It also tells you where there are accidents (yellow diamond shapes) and will route you around such holdups if you ask it to.

Unlike some gimmicks in new cars, this one works well

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I bought a Navigon 2100 MAX and I'm very happy with it. You get free updates on the maps which you download right to your computer and then update the Navigon from the computer. In addition, they decided to give all Navigon 2100 MAX owners free traffic information access for life.

Both seem to work flawlessly. I'm happy with my choice and it only cost me $180 on Amazon.com.

[edited to add affiliate product link - bruce]

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The NAV on the new CTS works great. Much better than the nav in my old '06 YD. Easier to use and read. It's just overall far more intuitive. I've only run into one issue with mine. The voice guidance won't automatically reduce the music volume from the AUX/USB input.

The real-time weather works great although there is a bit of a delay before it updates, which isn't an issue on long trips. And the real-time traffic is still only in major cities. So it works where I live, but when travelling, it would be cool if they'd hurry up and expand to non-major cities.

Archived