CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1992 CADILLAC STS a/c problem. URGENT

kjelie8706

ok for one it doesnt blow hot or old. what should i do. i added refrigerant but no effect. also the a/c seems to only blow from the defogger vent not the passenger and drivers vent as usual. i hit the buttons to change it but nothing works now. is there some thing i can check. i need my ac to work. AND ANOTHER QUESTION. MY 1992 STS SEEMS TO BE DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS. THE CONSOLE IN FRONT MIDDLE SEEMS TO BE UNIQUE. IT HAS THE RADIO CONTROLS AND A AC CONTROL CONSOLE. BUT MY CONSOLE DOESNT WORK. I PULLED IT OUT AND I COULDNT FIND THE HARNESS THAT IT CONNECTS TO EITHER. AS IF IT DOESNT EXIST EVER. CAN ANYONE SEND PICTURE OF THERE STS CONSOLE AND MAYBE WHERE I CAN GET A REPLACEMENT. IF ANYONE READS THIS AND THIS CONSOLE SOUND REMEMBER. HELP A FELLOW CADI OWNER OUT. HOW MANY FUSE BOXES DOES IT HAVE

First off, your profile is wrong. I suspect you just fat fingered it. The 4.5 was not used since '88 or '89. You have a 4.6 Northstar.

the a/c seems to only blow from the defogger vent not the passenger and drivers vent as usual

Defrost is the default mode. Sounds like you have a vacuum leak. The automatic parking brake release is also on the HVAC vacuum circuit. Does it work? The release diaphragm on the parking brake mechanism is a common leak point. If that is OK and holds vacuum, work your way back and check all the vacuum lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived