CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Merry Christmas to me.

Marika

I gotta wrap, be back later people Mike

This, ladies and gentleman, is from the man of eleven thousand posts who says he is no longer posting. Sort of . . .

Maybe . . .

You know . . .

Like that . . .

Kinda . . .

Sorta . . .

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm at work now. Will try to make payment tomorrow morning (Christmas) before I go to work. If I don't get the time, will do it Wed.

There's no rush, and thank you very much. xxxx

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Um, I meant no more, im done, outta here, nada, had enough, go home.... leave me alone, :lol::lol::paint2:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

So? That's it? You just gonna walk away?

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I also noticed that the antifreeze which was fresh and bright green turned dark and almost tinged bluish.

Looks like the stealership did not add the coolant supplement when they were working on your cooling system...

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

So? That's it? You just gonna walk away?

I am walking away a winner, $61 and I am going to inspect the 4.9 at Lakewood, you are at $61 with it as appears no inspection at Lakewood. I was actually hoping to drive the Eldorado there, oh well, I guess game over..... I will be checking out all of the junked cadillacs and picking up odds and ends at Lakewood in Lindenhurst by myself I guess...

Scott at Lakewood is such a great guy, he ships all over the country and about six years ago shipped a 4.9 for me to a member in Amsterdam. I had to go and buy a plastic pallet as a wood pallet could not be shipped out of the country for the fear that the Japanese Beetle would be shipped with it. It was shipped by DHL... The member in Amsterdam installed it and drove the car, I also helped him get a new exhaust manifold.

That is why I am referred to at Lakewood as Cadillac Mike. Too bad Warren, you could have become Cadillac Warren... Anti-up

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I'm at work now. Will try to make payment tomorrow morning (Christmas) before I go to work. If I don't get the time, will do it Wed.

OK, I did it when I got home. Payment sent. I hope we can keep you riding in style. Merry Christmas Marika.

Well, Mike . . . I made you post (again).

Sheesh, it's like taking candy from a baby. :wub:

Regards,

Cadillac Warren

Posted Image

Aloha Marika,

I feel for you, the head gasker went out on my '92. It would have cost too much to fix the car so I sent it to the junk yard. So I know how you feel. I have $50 towards a replacement engine but I don't know how to send it with paypal. If someone will give me instructions, I'll send it allong.

Merry Christmass and God bless Ed

OK, I did it when I got home. Payment sent. I hope we can keep you riding in style. Merry Christmas Marika.

Thank you for you kind donation. It's really very much appreciated. :wub:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Aloha Marika,

I feel for you, the head gasker went out on my '92. It would have cost too much to fix the car so I sent it to the junk yard. So I know how you feel. I have $50 towards a replacement engine but I don't know how to send it with paypal. If someone will give me instructions, I'll send it allong.

Merry Christmass and God bless Ed

I got the donation. Thank you very much. :wub:

I also received a donation from Bruce. Thank you very much. :wub:

Many thanks to everyone who has made donations. Merry Christmas to everyone, God bless you all. :wub:

Marika -- I'm good for one click. When you get 20, you have the motor. Still waiting for BodybyFisher to come up with a scheme for installation.

I'm and engineer with a long-term interest in photography. I still have my Canon F1's from the early 1970's, a couple of A1's and a T90 Tank, and a bunch of FD lenses. No EOS, though, my digital cameras are high-end stuff. Are you active on a photography forum?

I have a forum myself, just for engineers, that is still embryonic. If you join, I will put up a photography forum. Check my web site in my profile for a link.

Thank you for you kind donation. I appreciate it. :wub:

Merry Christmas

Marika

If you go for the 400 - 500$ option as Mike already mentioned earlier i would be willing to donate $25 in the 'Save Marika's STS' fund.

I know it isn't a lot but i'm not the most rich man on this side of the pond and at least it's a start....

Let me know if this starts to take shape and i'll settle my promise one way or the other.

Marc.

Thank you for you kind donation. :wub:

Marika

I also noticed that the antifreeze which was fresh and bright green turned dark and almost tinged bluish.

Looks like the stealership did not add the coolant supplement when they were working on your cooling system...

I received your donation. Thank you very much! :wub:

I can send $25. Merry Christmas.

Just sent via paypal. :)

Thank you very much for you donation. :wub:

Marika

This is really cool, Marika, I will donate my share on January 1, I am tapped out from Christmas.... I am still waiting for Warren to state publically that he will take the ride with me to inspect and photograph your engine.. I will see if Lakewood has a good installer also. I think I will have Scott check out this thread also... It would be nice if we could get a low mileage 95 Deville 4.9 for you...

Merry Christmas all.. Caddyinfo at its best....

Before there is a rush to replace the engine, remember that the 4.9 engine has coolant AND exhaust passages in the intake manifold. That's how the EGR valve regulates the amount of EGR into the air/fuel mix. 4.x engines are NOT known for head gasket failures. An intake manifold gasket is most likely the cause of the problem. Before replacing the engine, junking the car, etc., a tech competent with the 4.9 needs to look at it and properly diagnose the problem.

I will bet the problem is just a failed intake manifold gasket. That is easily replaced with the engine in the car and will be a lot less than a replacement engine and the cost to install it.

Before rushing to judgement, you need to take the time to have it properly diagnosed without an unscrupulous dealer taking advantage of the situation.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

:) I sent 25 hope it helps

Thank you, I received your donation. :wub:

Marika

Before there is a rush to replace the engine, remember that the 4.9 engine has coolant AND exhaust passages in the intake manifold. That's how the EGR valve regulates the amount of EGR into the air/fuel mix. 4.x engines are NOT known for head gasket failures. An intake manifold gasket is most likely the cause of the problem. Before replacing the engine, junking the car, etc., a tech competent with the 4.9 needs to look at it and properly diagnose the problem.

I will bet the problem is just a failed intake manifold gasket. That is easily replaced with the engine in the car and will be a lot less than a replacement engine and the cost to install it.

Before rushing to judgement, you need to take the time to have it properly diagnosed without an unscrupulous dealer taking advantage of the situation.

Kevin,

What are the distinctive symptoms of a failed intake gasket versus a failed head gasket? I too think it is rather the intake gasket based on reliable statitistics of 4.9 failures. I can recall barely two cases of blown headgaskets on 4.*.

Thank you.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Marika,

very sorry to hear that. Can't be of too much help being that far away but if you plan to repair your car I will be adding 50US$ to the growing "save Marika's STS" fund. Paypal would be easiest for overseas money transfer.

Heads up and a merry christmas especially to you and of course to all readers

Stefan

I received your donation. Thank you!! :wub:

Ed Fenwick was the only other head gasket that I can recall. Thats not to say that this is or isnt the head gasket. Competent testing needs to be done. Marida please see if you can find the receipt I think we suggested intake manifold gasket the last time you had problems, you need to see if it was changed. And tha tis not to say it couldnt be bad again, If this is a head gasket a simple compresson test will highlight the problem. I think the first line of attack should be getting a compression test then having the cooling system pressurized

Archived