CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trouble Codes

quadsourcemark

I want to thank everyone for the code links, help , etc. It's weird because I left work last night NO ABS or TCS lights were on. Car ran and drove fine. I taking my boys to school and the TCS light is back on again. Then the car started surging and bogging again. The more I drove the worse it got. Now it shows TCS, ABS and check engine lights. The check engine is a new one. I pulled the codes again and this is what I see......

PCM P0141 CURRENT

PCM P0603 HISTORY

PCM P1571 HISTORY

IPC B1552 HISTORY

TCS C1226 HISTORY

TCS C1255 HISTORY

TCS C1277 HISTORY

PZM B1552 HISTORY

Should I clear all the codes and let it re-freash with everything thats current? I'm not sure how to clear the codes. I called the caddy dealer here in Michigan and they said $94.00 to diagnose it. I guess I'll put my pants on with the zipper in the back and take it in :(

Current

P0141 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 (lower front sensor)

History

P0603 Control Module Long Term Memory Reset (battery was disconnected)

P1571 Traction Control Torque Request Circuit

B1552 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error (battery was disconnected)

C1226 Right Front Excessive Wheel Speed Variation

C1255 EBCM Internal Malfunction (ABS/TCS Disabled)

C1277 Requested Torque Signal Circuit Malfunction

You should look at the lower oxygen sensor on the front. Also, look at the cable and connector to the right front wheel sensor, which is on the centerline of the hub.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Current

P0141 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 (lower front sensor)

History

You should look at the lower oxygen sensor on the front. Also, look at the cable and connector to the right front wheel sensor, which is on the centerline of the hub.

I'll check the connector for the right front wheel and the O2 sensor wire. Should I disconnect and clean the connector on the wheel sensor? I have some of the dielectric spray grease. Could the O2 sensor have a loose connector or do they just go bad? Is there away to clear the codes from the OBD? A friend of mine who no longer works at our local caddy dealer said it may need to cleared out with a scanner and reload the program into the processor. Has anyone heard of that? Again I appreciate everyone’s help and replies.

Current

History

C1255 EBCM Internal Malfunction (ABS/TCS Disabled)...... Does this mean I need a new EBCM? I heard it's not cheap.

Thanks,

Mark

I can't help you with info from a '97 FSM, however I have info on C1255 from a '98 FSM.

If memory serves, I think the Seville was retooled in MY '98 so this info likely isn't accurate. It might, however, provide you with some general guidelines.

Regards,

Warren

DTC_C1255_EBTCM_Internal_Malfunction.doc

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I can't help you with info from a '97 FSM, however I have info on C1255 from a '98 FSM.

If memory serves, I think the Seville was retooled in MY '98 so this info likely isn't accurate. It might, however, provide you with some general guidelines.

Regards,

Warren

Thanks! I opened the file but when I click the links it goes to page unavailable. Not sure if it's on my end. I'll try to save the file and see if that helps.

Thanks again,

Mark

I just opened it without a problem. It's a Word 2003.Doc file.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Regards,

Warren

I'm at work on the GM network. I'll try again when I get home. I appreciate your quick response. This is my first caddy and I love it. You know the saying....it drives like a Cadillac. It does. I want to avoid being raped by the caddy dealer.

Thanks,

Mark

Regards,

Warren

Ok I picked up a new Bosch O2 sensor. You said the pre-cat. I see (2) O2 Sensors. The one that closet to the engine and the other after the cats. The problem is the connector on the new O2 Sensor is female like the connector on the under body of the car. Do I need the universal one? I re-checked the part # with autozone and he saya it calls out its a factory repalcement. Basically I can plug the old sensor into the new sensor. Not sure if there was a change mid year or something. Am I making sense???

Thanks a million,

Mark

Archived