CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

[some swimsuit photos so not perfectly work safe]

http://www.speedsportlife.com/2007/09/09/d...8-cadillac-cts/

Dubspeed article is interesting for a couple of reasons. One, it shows a CTS interior without wood trim:

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_32501.jpg

and two, a view of the powertrain:

Power delivery was strong and linear all the way to the 6500 RPM redline, and the six-speed automatic was nearly transparent during upshifts. When in M mode, the transmission can either be shifted manually, or left to shift itself in using a much more aggressive drive program. This sportier program will sense the way the car is being driven, and hold gears longer rather than immediately upshifting or downshifting. I especially liked that under braking going into a hard corner, the transmission would blip the throttle and put you back into the sweet spot of the power curve. As far as automatics go, this is a pretty darn good one.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The first picture shows the only complaint I had about my 2008 CTS. Just below the clock there is a bright yellow light that looks like it is a warning light that I should do something about; but there's nothing the driver can do about it. It was always catching my eye. In the evening, the light is very subdued but it's over-bright in the daylight.

It simply says "Passenger Air Bag" and below it says only "On Off". Next to it (not usually lighted) is the passenger seat belt symbol which only lights when the seat is occupied and the passenger belt isn't buckled. There is nothing that can be done to turn it on or off or change it. It's all automatic

I thought I would grow accustomed to it; but it was just too annoying so I took a Sharpie pen and darkened it a bit and now all is well.

Yes, I think a similar symbol/message is at the bottom of the center rear view mirror in my CTS. Glad you found a good alternative approach.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived