CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS DI3.6L + Performance Package min $40K?

Hmm the new 08 CTS build your CTS info is up at http://www.cadillac.com but when I try to select

the DI3.6L engine $35,290 plus the 18" performance package $2,980 you also appear to have to take a $2200 seating upgrade:

* 18" (45.7 cm) Summer Tire Performance Package, includes (TT6) HID headlamps, (CE4) headlamp washers, (T96) fog lamps, (P63) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum wheels with high-polished finish, (QUR) P235/50ZR18 Y-rated summer only performance blackwall tires, (FE3) performance handling suspension, (G80) limited slip differential, (J55) performance braking system and (V03) Performance Cooling System ([MX0] transmission only). $2,980

* Engine, , 3.6L Variable Valve Timing V6 DI Direct Injection, (304 hp [226.7 kW] @ 6400 rpm, 273 lb-ft of torque [368.6 N-m] @ 5200 rpm)

* Seating Package, includes leather seating surfaces, (AH8) 10-way power passenger seat, (AL2) 2-way power driver and front passenger lumbar control, (A45) Memory Package, (KA1) heated front seats and (XA7) heated windshield washer fluid $2,200

* Transmission, , 6-speed automatic

* Wheels, , 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum with high-polished finish

* No accessories selected

Which drives the MSRP for the Sport suspension + DI3.6L to $40.5K. ouch.

Add in the red paint and you are at $41.5K.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Before you complain about $42K, price an equivalent Lexus, Infiniti, Merecedes or BMW. Also, don't pay sticker price.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The online gadget may be confused a bit, but if you select the "performance collection" you get a price slightly under $40K since it also includes the seating upgrade and an all-weather tire performance package, albeit with different tires. I suspect that the summer performance tire should be selectable with 1SB without the seat upgrade, but sometimes there are odd relationships among the options.

I know the CTS is a good value for the market it is in. Heck, max out a Camry and it breaks 30k. I know Cadillac WANTS the CTS to move upmarket. I know that there is a base CTS without the DI engine for budget minded folks. But I still thought of the CTS as a car that with careful option choices one can drive new for $31K AND still have the best available performance-oriented options, just not the nav and max lux options. The current packaging moves that up to $39/40K.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I know my uncle when he ordered his impala a few years back pulled off "standard" equipment in order to get the bigger engine. You wont find those on the dealer lot but I'm guessing you could special order a "base" CTS with the performance package and bigger engine.

May cost something I'm sure to break a package up but not more than the savings. My uncle has pretty much the only Impala I know of with the bigger engine and no rear wing or digital stuff inside.

Plus GM always has a sale or incentive so bargaining isn't out of the question, whens somethings on the lot they want to move it out....problem is this is a very anticipated model.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Okay, looking at some actual window stickers, it appears that if you get the 1SB DI3.6L and Performance collection all-season performance option

you can keep a max performance CTS under $40K:

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $38,590.00

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $34,545.00

Options installed by Manufacturer

CTS STANDARD PACKAGE NO CHARGE

PERFORMANCE COLLECTION:

18" ALL SEASON TIRE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE:

*HEADLAMPS, HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE

*HEADLAMP WASHER

*18" PAINTED ALUMINUM WHEELS

*P235/50R18 ALL SEASON TIRES

*DIFFERENTIAL, LIMITED SLIP

*SPORT SUSPENSION SYSTEM

*PERFORMANCE COOLING SYSTEM

*FOG LAMPS

* SEATING PACKAGE:

*SEATS, LEATHER SURFACES

*PWR SEAT ADJUST-FRONT

PASSENGER & PWR LUMBAR-FRONT

PASSENGER/DRIVER, 10 WAY

*MEMORY SEAT ADJUSTER

*HEATED FRONT SEATS

*HEATED WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID $ 3,300.00

TOTAL OPTIONS $3,300.00

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $37,845.00

DESTINATION CHARGE $745.00

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $38,590.00

Bruce

I do see some cars with the Performance Collection AND the Summer Performance kit:

* 18" (45.7 cm) Summer Tire Performance Package, includes (TT6) HID headlamps, (CE4) headlamp washers, (T96) fog lamps, (P63) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum wheels with high-polished finish, (QUR) P235/50ZR18 Y-rated summer only performance blackwall tires, (FE3) performance handling suspension, (G80) limited slip differential, (J55) performance braking system and (V03) Performance Cooling System ([MX0] transmission only). $2,980

I guess to get the FE3 suspension, performance braking system (and optional wheels)?

Bruce

I know the CTS is a good value for the market it is in. Heck, max out a Camry and it breaks 30k. I know Cadillac WANTS the CTS to move upmarket. I know that there is a base CTS without the DI engine for budget minded folks. But I still thought of the CTS as a car that with careful option choices one can drive new for $31K AND still have the best available performance-oriented options, just not the nav and max lux options. The current packaging moves that up to $39/40K.

Just went to Toyota's web site......

Maxed out Camry ........34,778.00

And you are driving a, just like everybody else's, expletives deleted ... Toyota.

I would pay the extra 4 or 5k and drive a Cadillac. :D But that is just MY opinion.

If you financed the extra 4k at the current -0- percent... it would add about 2 bucks a day to your payment. Do without the extra Starbucks and you are covered. :D

Posted Image

Archived